Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity 755

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
carlb

Simplicity 755
Original Message   Apr 19, 2012 6:06 pm
I picked up this Simplicity 755 for 25 dollars replaced the carb float fixed the recoil starter and bought a can of white paint.  Total amount invested 43.00 dollars.   The 7hp Tech engine runs great and this model has a three speed Gear Box with one reverse no friction disk.  All in all a very nice machine for a 22" wide snow blower.   7hp 22" wide probably will do a pretty good job, but I doubt i will find out since it will probably be sold before the first snow.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Simplicity 755
Reply #1   Apr 21, 2012 12:55 pm
Looks good. Those are nice machines. I did one up about 5 years ago and sold it to a guy near Boston. It was one of my first paint makeovers so I email the guy each year to see how the paint (Rustoleum) is holding up. The bucket inside still looks good. He's in an area of triplexes with a long thin drive between houses that opens to about 6-8 spaces in back so a bit of double throw in the mid driveway section. He says it does very well. Keeps in an the cellar during the off season. The 7hp is a nice match for the very well built 22.
RedOctobyr

Reply #2   Apr 21, 2012 1:59 pm
Nice job, carlb. Solid looking machine, and you made it look nice. You've gotten some great scores recently

I had an old (60's? Older than this one) Simplicity. Gear driven transmission, like yours. No friction disk to slip or anything. It would just churn into the snowbank. It was kind of a pain to push around when the engine was off, though (you could hear it was still turning a bunch of the gears).
carlb

Reply #3   Apr 21, 2012 2:37 pm
Thanks guys for the nice comments.  I'll bet it would look even better if I armor-alled the tires.  This machine was in very good shape and just needed a little TLC
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42