Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 11hp Briggs

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
carlb

11hp Briggs
Original Message   Apr 15, 2012 5:00 pm
I just picked up a used pressure washer for 10 dollars with a Briggs and Stratton 11Hp I/C engine the engine model number is 256422-0015-01.  While the engine runs it runs poorly and is hunting all over the place.  This carb is not adjustable but was clean and all of the holes are clear.  It seems to keep pulling the governor open then closed and some gas will spit out of the carb when it does that.  It also seems to be running rich but that may just be because it is hunting.

This engine is very difficult to pull through compression and will tire you out pretty quickly.   I will be adjusting the governor to see if that will help things out.

Does anyone know if this engine has a de-compressor ?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42