Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > engine stroke filmed inside by a high heat camera

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Moderator Denis

engine stroke filmed inside by a high heat camera
Original Message   Mar 19, 2012 9:44 pm
http://www.gizmodo.fr/2007/10/14/un_moteur_4_temps_vu_de_linterieur.html
This message was modified Mar 19, 2012 by Denis

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
carlb

Re: engine stroke filmed inside by a high heat camera
Reply #1   Mar 20, 2012 8:29 am
very cool and great for people who don't understand how a 4 stroke engine works.  This can give even a novice a clear understanding how a 4 stroke internal combustion engine actually works.
trouts2

Reply #2   Mar 20, 2012 3:00 pm
   Poo, I liked watching that so much I went back but the link is now, 502 Bad Gateway. 

Good post Denis, very interesting.

Found it by Goofling around.

It looks like the intake valve is rotating.  There's a vague white line on the intake valve surface that rotates I think 4 times each cycle.  I've heard of valves rotating but if this one is really rotating at that rate I would think the guide area would be worn very quickly.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2012 by trouts2
friiy

Reply #3   Mar 20, 2012 7:37 pm
   Briggs and Tec and some others that I know both had rotating valves for their engines that ran at one speed (water pumps and generators and such). 

Back in my auto shop class in high school, we had a 3 hp Tec that had a large Pyrex window in the head.  The engine ran on propane also had a neat, adjustable timing butterfly-head bolt.  You could adjust the engine timing and see the results.. (valves getting hot or cooling down)..

Friiy

daniel

Reply #4   Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm
Looked up the google cache and pulled out the original source of the video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=73e_1192001762

Should work.  Really Interesting.

Toro 826 OXE Snowblower, Echo PB-500 backpack blower, Toro 22" high wheel recycler mower, Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 6 spd :)
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42