Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower - new auger belt but not throwing well?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
onsites

Snowblower - new auger belt but not throwing well?
Original Message   Mar 7, 2012 10:28 am

I have an 8.5 HP snowblower that is around 7 years old. The auger belt recently busted apart and I had it replaced with new auger belt (brought it to a dependable small engine repair shop). But now I am finding that the machine does not throw snow as far as it did (even dry powdery snow). It seems like it is only throwing half as far as it used to. Two questions:

1) What might be causing this - belt too tight, too loose, other? All the shear pins are fine and the chute is not clogged.

2) Can I check the belt myself?

Thanks!
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
FrankMA

Re: Snowblower - new auger belt but not throwing well?
Reply #1   Mar 7, 2012 11:18 am
Post the make, model number and engine manufacturer's name. One of the many talented folks who frequent this forum will be able to help you.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42