Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Should I run it for awhile, or just pack it up for next year?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
grump

Should I run it for awhile, or just pack it up for next year?
Original Message   Feb 27, 2012 11:14 am
Didn't need the new blower at all....  funny thing is the warranty will be gone before it's used the first time ~ if there's something wrong with it from the factory it'll fall on me to fix.  I guess that's not so funny.

Should these things be run around awhile before being tucked in for the summer, or just properly stashed away?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
aa335

Re: Should I run it for awhile, or just pack it up for next year?
Reply #1   Feb 27, 2012 12:37 pm
Don't you have 2 years warranty on a new snowblower?  That should cover you at least through next winter.

Unless you intend to return it unused to get your money back, I'd fire it up and check out everything to make sure it works.  I never leave any snow removal equipment untested or unfamiliar to the operator before they are needed.
This message was modified Feb 27, 2012 by aa335
blomberg91

Re: Should I run it for awhile, or just pack it up for next year?
Reply #2   Feb 27, 2012 10:58 pm
Trouts2 had an end of year checklist that he posted a while ago. If you search through the posts you will find it. I would think completing gas and carb section of the checklist would be the most important for a snowblower that has never been worked.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42