Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > whats the strangest thing you FOUND with a snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

whats the strangest thing you FOUND with a snowblower
Original Message   Feb 5, 2005 8:25 pm
okay folks i just got this crazy idea to start a thread about strange things we have found with our snowblowers.

you know ..the ladder you werent really missing but it was under the snow .

or the door mat or the stick or two of firewood.

i have found the ladder and also an extension cord.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 1 - 19 of 19View as Outline
Emmo

Re: whats the strangest thing you FOUND with a snowblower
Reply #1   Feb 5, 2005 9:05 pm
My kids 3 foot long rubber lizard!
robmints

Reply #2   Feb 5, 2005 9:07 pm
I have an MTD.
So the strangest thing I found is my driveway.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #3   Feb 5, 2005 9:57 pm
robmints wrote:
I have an MTD.

Oh man ROFL.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #4   Feb 5, 2005 10:04 pm
Christmas lights, dog toys, (one actually stalled the machine, scarey) extension cord two weeks ago, a hat, gloves, a plastic sled, the cord attached to the sled, a plastic tarp, flower pots, firewood.  Thats it for now, I know there is more but that's all I can remember now.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
18Degrees

Reply #5   Feb 5, 2005 11:12 pm
robmints wrote:
I have an MTD.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #6   Feb 5, 2005 11:15 pm
robmints wrote:
I have an MTD.

Foud it once, great...

Find it twice, we have a miracle in the works.  

Sure its not a repainted Ariens

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #7   Feb 6, 2005 7:09 am
The strangest thing that I found with a snowblower is they work when it snows, and then breaks half way through the job.  This causes an unslaught of calls to the repair shop for weeks.  "Is my snowblower done?, Did my part come in?,  What do you mean you don't have any left?"

This makes my job a little interesting - I have to remember each guy, by voice and part.  They don't think that their name is that important.  If it goes on back order - like many of our parts are doing now - I have to remember that part and where to find the guys phone number when it comes in.  Then I have to keep Chris and Dad happy by having the parts they need to fix things.  Chris is the hard one, Dad he's not so bad...just send him on 100's of pick ups and deliveries.  Keeps him happy.

But why does it seems that snowblowers work in the summer but break when they are needed.  Is it a conspiracy?????

That's the looks I get behind the counter!!!!

Sherri

nibbler

Reply #8   Feb 6, 2005 8:54 am
MissSnowshoveler wrote:
 "Is my snowblower done?, Did my part come in?,  What do you mean you don't have any left?"

This makes my job a little interesting - I have to remember each guy, by voice and part.  They don't think that their name is that important.  If it goes on back order - like many of our parts are doing now - I have to remember that part and where to find the guys phone number when it comes in.  

You sure brought back some memories.

I used to work supporting a computer system that was used internationally, about the only place we didn't have users was Africa. The number of calls of "Its not working, I'm going to a meeting, call me at 10:00" I got were amazing. Minor little items like who are you, where in the world are you, whats your time zone ( essentially 10:00 where) and whats your phone number were regularly missed. Getting people to describe the problm was also interesting. I once asked a person if there was a big read square on the screen  with the words "Invalid Input" and they said no. Guess what was on their screen. Essentially they had been so psyched out by the error message they didn't "see" it.

As far as the snowblower breaking, that's easy. They aren't put under stress until they are used. Hence anything that is going to break won't break until you use it. Most people don't start the blower up and run it around in the fall, they wait until they REALLY need it. At which point  its too late. Even testing in the fall doesn't do much to stress the mechanism.

As far as the Back Orders are concerned why don't you just put their name and number on it? When the part comes in you match it with the order and voila, name and number to call. You could even keep a register of BOs with the customer name and number.
This message was modified Feb 6, 2005 by nibbler
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #9   Feb 6, 2005 11:21 am
nibbler wrote:
As far as the Back Orders are concerned why don't you just put their name and number on it? When the part comes in you match it with the order and voila, name and number to call. You could even keep a register of BOs with the customer name and number.

I've tried everything possible to keep B/O's straight.  My father and mother are not computer people - know absolutely nada.  That means a simple list in the computer won't work.  The paper versions seems to get lost regularly.  So I'm stuck...  I just leave it in the order book highlighted with phone numbers.  It's the best thing I could do - nobody seems able to misplace the order books yet!

Sherri

Goldrush

The liberty of expressions sometimes are ridiculed!

Reply #10   Feb 10, 2005 1:18 pm
You wont believe me but someone left a full bag of apples at the end of the drioveway to give  maybe to feed some kind of animal but this day a snowfall came and at least 14 inches so I took my snowblower to do the job and tell me I got a single stage so when i hit that bag it was a fest out there i was laughing so much i was rolling on the ground i should tape this situation it was so incredible

LeeLamb

Reply #11   Feb 10, 2005 5:31 pm
A hernia!
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #12   Feb 10, 2005 6:15 pm
Lee,

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you got it fixed!

Walt

navihawk

Reply #13   Feb 10, 2005 9:06 pm
It was the squirrell for me.There was a dead squirrell in the road for about a week or so. After a storm the plow pushed it in the sidewalk. Well,Steve just happens to run over it.Stalled the machine out.

I looked in to see what it was and it was lodged in the back of the bucket. I was pissed.How was I going to get that thing outa there.I decided to start it back up.What do I have to lose? I then proceeded to jog the auger.Squeezed the lever quickly about 3 or 4 times and out it came.I must say Craftsmans do a pretty good job on frozen squirrells.Anyways,It made it back into the street.

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #14   Feb 10, 2005 9:47 pm
Nav,

That is the funniest things I've ever heard of doing with a snowblower   I think you should win an award for that

BTW, since my snowblower doesn't have shearpins, and not needing to worry about breaking any, I have no doubt I would have done the same thing.  No way I would have tried to pull that thing out.  With my luck, I would have yanked on its tail and it would have pulled off leaving it's frozen carcass still jammed in the impeller.

Richie
viking

Reply #15   Feb 11, 2005 1:04 pm
I found one day my neighbor's fur hat :))))))

MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #16   Feb 11, 2005 1:24 pm
viking wrote:
I found one day my neighbor's fur hat :))))))

Hey, Can I have it back ??

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #17   Feb 11, 2005 3:36 pm
I got the ole extension cord on my maiden run with my blower last year. A common malady I guess.

I remember Navihawk's squirrel story from last year and roared when I read that post. I even have this site saved that someone posted in that thread. Watch out Nav. They still be lookin for ya.     Kevin

scary squirrel world - squirrel photos, pictures, pics, facts, games... squirr

Simplicity Conquest
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #18   Feb 11, 2005 5:32 pm
Fur hats, dead squirrels and a bag of apples...

I'm glad I don't live in throwing distance of you guys!!!!!

Sherri

18Degrees

Reply #19   Feb 12, 2005 1:29 am
Vangellis wrote:

I remember Navihawk's squirrel story from last year and roared when I read that post. I even have this site saved that someone posted in that thread. Watch out Nav. They still be lookin for ya.     Kevin

scary squirrel world - squirrel photos, pictures, pics, facts, games... squirr

nice link                      18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Replies: 1 - 19 of 19View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42