Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Repainted My Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Shryp

Repainted My Blower
Original Message   Jan 3, 2012 1:06 pm
She isn't perfect, but she looks a lot better than the old rustbucket.  I downgraded from the 340cc Greyhound to a 212cc Predator and it doesn't run as well as the old Greyhounds.  Surges a lot and has to have half choke to run smooth.  The gas I had was a couple months old so maybe that is part of the problem.  If some new gas doesn't solve it does anyone have any good info or links on drilling the jets or buying new ones?  I have never done that myself.  I did see one or 2 youtube videos on jets an emulsion tubes, but all that did was confuse me since the tubes all had different hole patterns.

Still haven't had much snow to try it on.  Gave it a first test run today and it did pretty well.  I had to shovel first to get a pile of snow deep enough to have something to blow.  Did get one stupid look from someone walking down the street when I was taking the pictures.

Yes, this is a late 1970s model that now has black handlebars and augers.  I hope no one tells Scot on me :)

Replies: 19 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Dudester

Re: Repainted My Blower
Reply #19   Jan 12, 2012 6:30 pm
Do you have to dismantle the whole snowblower to do a paint job like that ? I'd love to be able to spruce up my old Noma Signauture series which is 18 years old.
Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks

To be old and wise....you must first be young and stupid.
Shryp

Re: Repainted My Blower
Reply #20   Jan 12, 2012 7:02 pm
Dudester wrote:
Do you have to dismantle the whole snowblower to do a paint job like that ? I'd love to be able to spruce up my old Noma Signauture series which is 18 years old.
Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks

It helps.
I had the bottom cover, engine, handles, dash, controls, augers, impeller, rims, tires and axle off as well as the front bucket separated from the back.
I left the friction drive, sprocket and jackshaft in the drive unit though.
Replies: 19 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42