Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS1332tas

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MIkecr250

Honda HS1332tas
Original Message   Nov 22, 2011 7:07 pm
Well, I found some great info from a guy on here so I thought I'd post up my initial thoughts on this snowblower I purchased last week. I really didn't want to purchase a snowblower that cost this much but I have a 900ft stone driveway and did not want to buy a plow. I paid 3100.00 for the snowblower and picked up the optional side skid kit which I have not installed yet. If you decide to purchase one, make sure you drain the oil after you get it. I found out that the dealership that I purchased mine from added 10w40 oil instead of the reccomended 5w30 because this is what they had by the drum. I picked up some cheap 5w30 and swapped it out and it looked like it needed it, there were already break-in metal flakes all throught the oil. I'll change it again after the first hour of run time and then again over to synthetic once I get some time on the motor.

The augers and shafts need to come apart as soon as the machine arrives. I found less than a dab of grease on the shafts and splines. The bearing caps can be packed with grease as well. I used bell ray waterproof grease. After running it a little bit, I was not happy with the dim output of the headlight. I'm upgrading to this as soon as it's in stock. http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-Bulbs/DRLFOG-LED/Universal/27W-9-LED-SPOT-AUX-WORK-p9622351.html#ReviewsTabAnchor

It puts out 1600lm and uses about the same amp draw as the stock halogen. I also ordered a cheap hour meter from ebay that should fit the bill.  I'll post up some picts later on.

Mike

This message was modified Nov 22, 2011 by MIkecr250
Replies: 25 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MIkecr250

Re: Honda HS1332tas
Reply #25   Jan 9, 2012 11:38 am
a312 wrote:
Mikecr250 How did you end up mounting the skid shoe kit? I picked up the Honda kit and it says not to use the nut bosses that are already welded into the sides of the auger housing. The directions say to drill new holes into the housing. Would hate to have to drill out a new snowblower. Figured I could just use the existing bosses, but I'm guessing Honda wants you to drill new holes for more strength. Curious as to what you did? Thanks

I mounted mine using the existing holes in the front. The 1332 states that you can mount the rear shoes on the front using these hole so there really is no difference between those and the commercial shoes. If I had to do it all over again I would have just purchased a set of the rear shoes for the front and ran them both. The impeller housing on the 1332 was changed and is stronger than the 1132 on the sides.
aa335

Reply #26   Jan 9, 2012 11:45 am
From my experience running both side and rear skids in contact with the pavement has too much friction.  It will be harder to turn and the bucket gets moved around too much when going across cracks and joints.  It is especially worse if you set the scraper bar real close to the ground, not enough snow to keep the rear skids gliding smoothly on.   I'm only using the side skids now.

I do like the new model skid setup though.  It uses the same side skids that is mounted to the back  of the bucket with some metal plate extension.  Seems like the same design that the Yamaha have been using.
This message was modified Jan 9, 2012 by aa335
a312

Reply #27   Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am
Finally got some snow overnight and got the chance to try out my brand new 928TAS.  Machine worked well, but I kept having to fight with it to keep it going straight.  I have the height adjustment set to scraper mode, as I like to get the driveway right down to the pavement.  I could feel the scraper bar grabbing and I know that is what's making the machine go all over the place.  I only have the rear skid shoes on it.  I have not installed the ones on the side of the auger housing yet.  Will the side ones help with this issue?  Should I take the ones in back of the hosuing off and just run with the side skids?

Thanks

aa335

Reply #28   Jan 20, 2012 12:54 pm
a312 wrote:
Finally got some snow overnight and got the chance to try out my brand new 928TAS.  Machine worked well, but I kept having to fight with it to keep it going straight.  I have the height adjustment set to scraper mode, as I like to get the driveway right down to the pavement.  I could feel the scraper bar grabbing and I know that is what's making the machine go all over the place.  I only have the rear skid shoes on it.  I have not installed the ones on the side of the auger housing yet.  Will the side ones help with this issue?  Should I take the ones in back of the hosuing off and just run with the side skids?

Thanks

First of all, don't' run it in scraper mode all the time, unless you have ice on the surface that you want the auger to chip away.   Otherwise, you will wear the auger down real fast.  The auger should never be allowed to touch the pavement.

To get the snowblower to clean closer to the pavement, adjust the skids shoes with the bucket in the middle position, not scraper mode.   Put a paint stir stick or a something thinner between the scraper and tighten up on the nuts for the skid shoes.

If you're running tracks, it's a good idea to leave a thin layer of snow behind.  It acts as lubricant, good for the tracks and skid shoes,  makes turning easier.  Honda tracks typically have very heavy front bucket weight so you need some snow for the skid shoes to glide on, otherwise you will be constantly fighting it every foot.  If you want clean right down to the pavement for a nice finish, you need to get a rubber auger single stage snowblower. 
Replies: 25 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42