Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > which to buy? Toro Power MAX 826 OEX snowblower with Briggs & Stratton engine or it's replacement , the 926 OEX with Toro engine?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
buchner

which to buy? Toro Power MAX 826 OEX snowblower with Briggs & Stratton engine or it's replacement , the 926 OEX with Toro engine?
Original Message   Jan 3, 2012 2:08 pm
I can either buy the discontinued 826 or the 926 replacement. Identical machines and price , except the 826 has the Briggs & Stratton 250 cc and the 926 uses a "toro premium engine" (265cc).?

Which is a better bet?
This message was modified Jan 3, 2012 by buchner
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: which to buy? Toro Power MAX 826 OEX snowblower with Briggs & Stratton engine or it's replacement , the 926 OEX with Toro engine?
Reply #1   Jan 3, 2012 9:48 pm
I'd go for the Toro 826 it has a proven engine on it. The B&S engine works well. The other is brand new.

I like my Toro 1028 with the Briggs engine. 15cc's will not be noticeable and is probably to distinguish itself from the older model.

Also you should be able to work a better deal on the outgoing model.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
niper99

Re: which to buy? Toro Power MAX 826 OEX snowblower with Briggs & Stratton engine or it's replacement , the 926 OEX with Toro engine?
Reply #2   Jan 4, 2012 2:06 am
i agree aswell id go with the briggs motor for sure
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42