Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > While I wait for the snow, what about the fuel?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

While I wait for the snow, what about the fuel?
Original Message   Dec 25, 2011 9:50 am
Happy holidays every one! ... bought the toro 1028 OXE back in October, right after the very first early snow storm. Was not able to try it in snow... I added the startron stabilizer And filled up the tank with 93 octane. I tested the new baby, showed off without spinning augers... But now it's a long time unused. My question is: is it okay for the fuel to sit in the carb for such a long time? Thanks!
This message was modified Dec 25, 2011 by JoelKlein

Toro 1028 OXE
Replies: 70 - 78 of 78Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
JoelKlein

Re: While I wait for the snow, what about the fuel?
Reply #70   Jan 2, 2012 11:28 pm
I never said that I don't believe in stabilizer, all I wanted to point out is the fact that the stabilizers have some critical Missing info. For example: every one agrees that gasoline work for a engine, but not every one agrees that stabilizer is doing anything at all. I'm personly using it cus I'm new to ope. But the mistery is flashing a red light in my brain about the honisty of it

Toro 1028 OXE
niper99

Reply #71   Jan 2, 2012 11:44 pm
trouts...

90% of all customers dont even know what a carb is!!! let alone drian fuel from it... and i do agree with u as not depending on stabilizer on its own...thats why in a previous post i mentioned that without using stabilizer in your fuel i would replace fuel after a 1 month...with stabilizer 2-3 tops... but the more often the better...once a month is a good rule of thumb....but the fact is people DONT do it.... and like i said i would tune up snowblower in the summer as a customer request... and by the time the snow starts flying they wont start... not all of them but id get 5 or 6 at least every year.... and that leaves me with a warranty....every since i started using stabilizer i ve maybe had one in the last 5 years...makes a pretty good believer in me..

wheather u believe it or not it ONLY COST $5-10 for the hole season....just for peace of mind its worth it...

This message was modified Jan 2, 2012 by niper99
aa335

Reply #72   Jan 3, 2012 12:44 pm
niper99 wrote:

wheather u believe it or not it ONLY COST $5-10 for the hole season....just for peace of mind its worth it...

This reminds me of a buying experience at Best Buy.

Cashier boy:  "Would you like to buy the extended warranty for $4.99, covers you 5 years if you ever drop it or anything goes wrong, we replace it."

Me:  "No thanks, it's only a $15 alarm clock!, they're probably not going to make these old LED clocks anymore, what would you replace it with?  An iphone?"
This message was modified Jan 3, 2012 by aa335
JoelKlein

Reply #73   Jan 3, 2012 1:51 pm

Speaking of iPhones, since Steve jobs died, apple is going down the drain.

The latest release of iOS 5 is "Full" of memory leaks and bugs.

I was an apple fan for over 13 years, till now when I feel of giving up my iPhone and switch over to android.

Most common bugs; slower performance, poor battery life, lack off the new flash and last but not least, the "Home-button-not- responding bug" and apple is not even doing anything to it!   Was not the case with S.J.  even the new operating system Lion is full of bugs.  And about their new final cut pro, which they "killed".  
So yeh... I'm not buying a warranty on my iPhone. With what will apple replace it with, android?!

Toro 1028 OXE
ralphfr

Reply #74   Jan 3, 2012 2:15 pm
trouts2 wrote:

Ni per99,

Doing that many machines a year you must fall onto many dead engines with carb bowls that have pushbutton drains.   A simpleton can take care of his carb with a push button drain.

The pushbutton bowl s I collect go on machines I fix-up to sell.   A pushbutton kit is available for very little.  I got four once and converted spare bowls to pushbuttons.   Many people I sell to are first time buyers of a snowblowers and don’t have a clue about maintenance on any OPE.  I give every buyer a printout of my “Guide to Eternal Happiness” which details what to do about gas for the season and storage (Don’t depend on additives).  

This year the machines I sold all come with a year startup guarantee.   I tell them to use fresh gas, don’t depend on stabilizers and prep your machine when done for the season or leave gas in and start it occasionally.     

TROUTS2, As a true simpleton could you tell me where I could procure a pushbutton drain bowl for a 2011 Toro 221 with a 141cc R-Tek? Thanks.
This message was modified Jan 3, 2012 by ralphfr
trouts2

Reply #75   Jan 3, 2012 5:08 pm
ralphfr,

Google Tecumseh 27136A and you'll get scads of places and prices.  When I got mine they seemed impossible to put on and if I ever managed to get it on would never work right.  It turned out they are easy to install and work fine.  With a flat head screwdriver pushing the button and a cup it makes a no mess drain of the bowl ease. 

niper99

Reply #76   Jan 4, 2012 1:29 am
trouts2 wrote:
ralphfr,

Google Tecumseh 27136A and you'll get scads of places and prices.  When I got mine they seemed impossible to put on and if I ever managed to get it on would never work right.  It turned out they are easy to install and work fine.  With a flat head screwdriver pushing the button and a cup it makes a no mess drain of the bowl ease. 

hey trouts,,

have u had good luck with the drians in the carb???.... because i havent any luck with them..lve had alot of them leak fuel and have had alot of compliants by customers....and have stopped using them as of recently.... they make sense for sure and serve as a very usefull idea....the problem i think that happens is when u drian some old fuel out the little bit of dirt thats in the bottom of the bowl comes out aswell of course as designed... the drawback is that dirt sticks to the drian valve and causes a fuel leak...

This message was modified Jan 4, 2012 by niper99
trouts2

Reply #77   Jan 4, 2012 7:35 am
  I have not had a problem with leaks.  Maybe I've been lucky.  

ralphfr

Reply #78   Jan 4, 2012 9:40 am
trouts2 wrote:
ralphfr,

TROUTS2 You're not kidding. This part is all over the place.Thanks for the info and Happy New Year!

Ralphfr

Replies: 70 - 78 of 78Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42