Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1330SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Catt

John Deere 1330SE
Original Message   Sep 9, 2010 7:18 pm
Last year I bought a John Deere 1130SE snowblower and for the most part I was extremely happy with it's performance. I love the hand warmers, electric chute rotation, easy steer and the front end weight just to name a few.  The only problem I had, which was pretty significant, was the intermittent transmission slipping.  After sealing the transmission housing with silicone and some weather stripping, the problem was completely gone.  The remainder of the winter was very pleasing and I always looked forward to using the 1130.  I also had a second snowblower that I'm trading for a new 1330SE.  So now I'll have the 1130 and the 1330.  The 1130 will be for my business parking lot.  Some of the interesting features of the 1330 is the addition of an electric deflector control and dash area integrated headlights.  So now the chute is totally electric (both rotation and the deflector).  The slipping transmission should be resolved from water getting into the rubber/aluminum disc drive.  To fix this problem, Deere added a rubber gasket between the engine mounting plate and the transmission housing.  I'll try to post some pictures in the future.
BTW, my second choice would have been an Ariens since they seem to give people on this website support from at least one poster.  I wish Briggs, Simplicity or Deere would give the same support.
This message was modified Sep 9, 2010 by Catt
Replies: 97 - 97 of 97Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ihatetivo

Re: John Deere 1330SE
Reply #97   Dec 28, 2011 3:01 pm
Coasteray & RedOctobyr: Thank you for the comments.

In the end, I opted for a single-stage thrower.  Specifically,  I got the Toro 621 QZR Power Clear.

I found nothing in particular that would have dissuaded me from the 1130SE.  In fact, the more research I did, the more convinced I became of its capability.  However, before pulling the trigger, I mapped out my driveway and tried to visualize using the machine.  In the final analysis, I realized that the majority of my snow would need to be blown into the front yard.  To do so means you're blowing snow directly into the wind.  I had visions of the Deere heroically throwing tons of snow high up into the sky, only to blow right back into my cold, sleepy, and frozen face.  So, I went with the Toro.  We'll rely on hiring someone to scoop us out w/ a blade for really heavy snows, but I will be handling the small-to-moderate amounts on my own with the Toro.  I'll write up a review on here, if there is a thread on Toros.

Again, thanks for the help, everyone.

ihatetivo
This message was modified Jan 1, 2012 by ihatetivo
Replies: 97 - 97 of 97Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42