Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > a little about...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

a little about...
Original Message   Feb 5, 2005 7:42 am
I have heard of this site from Chris ALOT.  He told me I should join along time ago and I said no.

Well here I am, I have been reading several of the topics and have laughed, shook my head, and sometimes couldn't believe what I was reading.  Then he cautioned me that there are a lot of home owners that are just like the ones I deal with everyday at work and because of this have more of a background knowledge into the wonderful workings of outdoor products.

I work in a small engine repair shop and know my job pretty darn good for being, "just a girl" as most of the guys come in so delicately put it.  I've woked behind the counter (phone, stock room) for 9 years.  I can most of the time figure out the new and wonderful names that people can come up with to discribe the part they are looking for.  There are a few that i just can't get, but then who says a gas line and a throttle wire is the same thing?

My background is mainly chainsaws as it was the first line of OPE that we had.  After that came the lawn mowers, tillers, grass trimmers, brushcutters, clearing saws, snowblowers, wood splitters, and generators.  I think that about covers it all.  With all that said thoses lines consist of:  Husqvarna, Shindaiwa, Maruyama, RedMax, Kubota, Mistubishi, Snapper, Ariens, Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh, Kohler, MTD, Murray, Honda, Lifan, Mantis and probably more that I just can't remember...

So this is my background in this sort of thing, never really liked the job, but it's what I got good at so I'll stick with it.

Sherri

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MissSnowshoveler

Re: a little about...
Reply #8   Feb 5, 2005 12:05 pm
As I sit here shaking my head and chuckling to myself, I wonder what life would be like without a gutter.

As a female working in what I have found to be "mans world" I'll use the term lightly , I'm used to all kinds of gutter related comments.  Have even been throw over a shoulder a time or two.

But it is the Snapper equipment that I tend to lean towards.  Hey we sell then so I have to be a little biased.  Right?

Sherri

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Feb 5, 2005 1:02 pm
Great to have you part of the forum.    I think nothing of gender as long as what you say it correct.  I am impressed by what I hear already.  Again, great to have someone that has the knowledge and hopefully will be willing to share it. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Dantheman

Reply #10   Feb 5, 2005 1:42 pm
Sherri,

Sounds like you'll fit in with us just fine !!! Welcome aboard !!!

Dan

18Degrees

Reply #11   Feb 5, 2005 3:32 pm
MissSnowshoveler,    Welcome and thank you for add your knowledge to the forum.

18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
plugger

Reply #12   Feb 6, 2005 5:50 am
Welcome MissSnowshoveler

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
Termy

Reply #13   Feb 6, 2005 6:00 am
OK, at the same time I am thinking that you are meant to be here, I am also thinking you have been forced here

You see alot of us guys like to talk about our OPE in front of woman and force the knowledge onto them.
How do we know that you werent just brainwashed into working with OPE and all?

Hay, I am just kidden ya in my own way. Welcome to the forum!

sawman

Reply #14   Feb 6, 2005 10:35 am
Well terminator I can vouch for Sherri, as I am one of the reps who calls on her place of business, she may be small but look out she is mighty, and as I have seen with my own 2 eyes, she can tangle with the best.
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #15   Feb 6, 2005 10:49 am
Welcome aboard Sherri,

I went to High school a long time ago with a lady named Sherry that was one of the best VW Bug mechanics I knew. She works on her husband's bulldozers now. So no sexist bias from me. I look forward to your insight here on the forum.

Joe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
MissSnowshoveler

Reply #16   Feb 6, 2005 11:14 am
bontaiJoe wrote:
Welcome aboard Sherri,

I went to High school a long time ago with a lady named Sherry that was one of the best VW Bug mechanics I knew. She works on her husband's bulldozers now. So no sexist bias from me. I look forward to your insight here on the forum.

Joe

Well I don't know about VW but 302's and 351's...

I have rebuilt a 302 engine for my '84 Mustang and have built numerous engines for my ex-boyfriend.  He has a '68 Camaro and I hated it with a passion as with most Chevy and Dodge products.  Please nobody hate me for this - they are just not my passion.

Sherri

navihawk

Reply #17   Feb 6, 2005 11:25 am
Welcom Miss 'shovler.Have fun and don't  gang up on us with Paula.
Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42