Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda 1132TAS

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Honda 1132TAS
Original Message   Dec 1, 2011 8:22 pm
What is a 2006 model worth? I now a Honda dealer selling one, machine was just tuned up.

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 19 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
njal

Re: Honda 1132TAS
Reply #19   Dec 11, 2011 3:23 pm
I love my honda with the tracks.

I just fired her up this afternoon for the first

time since last winter. One pull!!

FrankMA

Reply #20   Dec 11, 2011 5:01 pm
mobiledynamics wrote:
Nothing fishy about ownership...SB's come and go, IMO

The only questionable issue is used vs. new.
New - You know the maint. history.

Used - It's the very risk you take buying used, and it's up to you to buy whatever condition you are paying for.

I tested a 928tracks and it did not seem that bad handeling wise.
Then again, there was not any snow for me to see how it is in the *real world*. Hydro tranny is a ++++

Track drive works best with some snow on the ground - the snow acts as a lubricant which makes maneuverability much easier than on dry pavement. Lots of folks like to slam the track drive (I admit that I was skeptical as well) but once you learn the ins & outs of how to operate the track drive it really is quite easy and if you have a sloped driveway (like I do) quite nice from a traction standpoint. It definitely is not for everyone but it works quite well under the right circumstances.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Steve_Cebu

Reply #21   Dec 11, 2011 8:23 pm
There is nothing wrong with Honda's track drive, it works exactly like it's supposed to but it is not easier to turn or steer. My wife cannot turn it.

You do have to muscle it around which for most guys isn't that big an issue unless you have a lot of turns.

Toro has the skid steer which honestly for what Honda charges should come with it. That said if we redo our backyard and put in a

generator I'd have to snowblow across or rather up/down a fairly steep hill and that would mean a Honda with tracks as it can be set to 3

different positions. The Toro like most wheelies scrapes nice and low which I love but it can't adjust for stuff like the grass on the fly.

Snowblowing 100 feet in our backyard would not be fun with wheels, one slip and down she goes!

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #22   Dec 12, 2011 11:28 am
njal wrote:
I love my honda with the tracks.

I just fired her up this afternoon for the first

time since last winter. One pull!!

I started HS1132TAS engine in October.  I was cleaning the garage and moving things around so I thought give it a pull to hear the engine.  One pull too, expected that, so it didn't surprise me. 

Gave it a pre-winter preflight once over of everything.  Adjusted scraper bar height, lubricated the chute worm gear.  Everything is ready for a big storm.

Got first measureable snowfall last Tuesday, 0.6 inches.     Not even enough to break out the shovel.  Still waiting for more.
Replies: 19 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42