Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > B&S belt cover

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
btw574

B&S belt cover
Original Message   Dec 11, 2011 11:29 am
I have an 2009 Snapper L1428E and mine suffers from slippage when water gets past the belt cover. There is a gap of about 3/8" between the impellar housing and the cover. Last year I tried using weather stripping to fill this gap but it would never stay on very long and I had to replace it a few times. I looked up this years models and noticed on the parts break down they now have a plate seal that goes between the engine plate and frame to keep water from coming through there but I did silicon all the holes to keep water out. I looked and the part number for the belt cover is the same as the one for 09. Does anyone know if the new machines have a redesigned belt cover.

I looked at the Ariens at Home Depot and there machines have a cover with a lip that goes over the impellar housing so there is no gap.

This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42