Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > new snow cab questions, making it fully enclosed. and adding offset weight.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
LouLou

new snow cab questions, making it fully enclosed. and adding offset weight.
Original Message   Nov 30, 2011 2:36 am
I have a 28" Craftsman "SnowKing" Snow Thrower Model no. 887900.   Yesterday I just mounted a new classic assesories delux snowcab.  However for maximum protection I added a piece of thick clear soft plastic on the back, to make it fully enclosed.

A few questions:

1) I noticed standing there that it fogged up fast.  Do you guys think this will continue to be a problem that will be too hard to deal with by wiping it off?   Maybe I should just use paper towels and wipe the inside down a lot, or use something to lessen the fog build up?

2) Maybe I should just take the plastic  down and keep the back open, I  really like the idea of a fully closed back, but if it is going to give me problems then I don't want it.

3) Should I offset the front auger with weight?  I was thinking a 50 pound bag of sand should do the trick.  Is that way too much?

Ok will listen to hear what you have to say.  Thank you.
This message was modified Nov 30, 2011 by LouLou
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
LouLou

Re: new snow cab questions, making it fully enclosed. and adding offset weight.
Reply #6   Nov 30, 2011 2:43 pm
Ok guys thanks for all your tips.  I will take all of your advise.  Ditch the back, and lessen the weight on the front to 25 pounds, (dump out some sand in the bag).   I like the idea about the anti fog. I will get some of that and use it on a ski mask for that extra layer of protection from the cold.   thx.
RedOctobyr

Re: new snow cab questions, making it fully enclosed. and adding offset weight.
Reply #7   Nov 30, 2011 3:17 pm
For what it's worth, as a point of reference, Ariens makes a front-weight kit for my blower, which is 10 pounds, from what I understand. Mine is an 8 hp, 24", but they used that same kit up to 12 hp, 36". So if the 25 lbs seems excessive, you could try going lower, like aa335 said.
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42