Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Setting skid shoes help.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MIkecr250

Setting skid shoes help.
Original Message   Nov 23, 2011 5:30 pm
Does anyone have any experiance with setting the skid shoes on a honda snowblower. I purchased the commercial skid kit and I was wondering how you set it. I have a 1000 ft stone driveway and I want to keep about a half inch of snow on top of the driveway. Do I have both front and rear skids touching the ground together or set different?  Thanks for any advice.
Replies: 11 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MIkecr250

Re: Setting skid shoes help.
Reply #11   Nov 27, 2011 6:18 pm
stresst wrote:
May I ask why you want to leave 1/2 of snow? I am thinking about buying a SS unit cause I dont like how my two stage leaves snow behind.......I can get 26" of snow and buy the next afternoon I am down to dry pavement! IMO its only a matter of time before someone falls.....

My driveway is 1000ft gravel
FullThrottle

Re: Setting skid shoes help.
Reply #12   Nov 29, 2011 4:30 am
MIkecr250 wrote:
My driveway is 1000ft gravel

I would put the bucket as high as you could get it for the first couple uses. Then drive your car/truck on it as needed. Get a good base set up get that gravel froze in there good with some on top. Before setting up to leave the 1/2 inch for the rest of the winter. You can set it up for a regular hard surface drive once you get a base set up.  1000 ft going to be a very good work out with a small walk behind
Replies: 11 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42