Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Do ANY Snowblower Brands besides HONDA Offer Hydrostatic Transmissions?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Do ANY Snowblower Brands besides HONDA Offer Hydrostatic Transmissions?
Original Message   Nov 25, 2011 9:18 pm

In the U.S., in 2012 I have NOT Seen any Brands of  TWO STAGE Snowblowers that advertise a Hydrostatic Transmission.  In The U.S. has that changed at all ?  I also have yet to see any brands that supply the diameter of the Friction Disc, or the Diameter of the Drive Plate, as well as the width of the rubber 'tire' that is the part of the Friction Wheel that makes contact with the Drive Plate to produce the friction grip needed to turn the tracks or the tires.   The size of the tires, the number of tires and the Horsepower and Torque of the engine become meaningless if these Friction Wheels and Drive Plates don't transfer that power between the engine and the wheels or tracks.  This is why I went to Honda, despite the extra cost.  Is that still the same ? ?

Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42