Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda electric spout controls arrive in USA!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Honda electric spout controls arrive in USA!
Original Message   Nov 22, 2011 5:16 pm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Honda-Hybrid-Snowblower-HS1336IAS-/160687132129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2569b30de1

Finally, but....at a cost.  It's a monster.  And no battery start.

Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
longboat

Re: Honda electric spout controls arrive in USA!
Reply #4   Nov 23, 2011 9:32 am
For $8k, you could get a good used skidsteer, plus tracks, plus HD snowblower attachment!
aa335

Reply #5   Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am
First of all, I don't know how many of these HS1336 are going to be sold here at the price.  It's too big and too expensive.  No one is asking for this one.  I've been asking for a HS928 or HS1132 TCD models that the Canadian market have, not the decaffeinated US models.  With that, throw in independent electric drive motors for the tracks and I'm happy.  Now if Yamaha markets their snowblower in the US, Honda better uppe the ante with a few more features, just to stay competitive.  Hello Honda of America!!!!

It's weird, but there is definitely a huge difference between the Japan market versus US market.  In the US, if a machine is to costs $3000 and up, buyers wants something they can sit on, and comes with a whole bunch of PTO attachments.  However, in Japan, buyers wants accept something a big and expensive machine like the HS1336 that does just one thing well, and the user still is okay with walking behind it, rather than sit on it. 
FrankMA

Reply #6   Nov 23, 2011 10:50 am
aa335 wrote:
First of all, I don't know how many of these HS1336 are going to be sold here at the price.  It's too big and too expensive.  No one is asking for this one.  I've been asking for a HS928 or HS1132 TCD models that the Canadian market have, not the decaffeinated US models.  With that, throw in independent electric drive motors for the tracks and I'm happy.  Now if Yamaha markets their snowblower in the US, Honda better uppe the ante with a few more features, just to stay competitive.  Hello Honda of America!!!!

It's weird, but there is definitely a huge difference between the Japan market versus US market.  In the US, if a machine is to costs $3000 and up, buyers wants something they can sit on, and comes with a whole bunch of PTO attachments.  However, in Japan, buyers wants accept something a big and expensive machine like the HS1336 that does just one thing well, and the user still is okay with walking behind it, rather than sit on it. 

I agree 100%. Why would Honda USA not market the same product available in Canada here in the USA???? It really makes no sense as the northern tier of the US deals with same winter conditions as our Canadien brothers just over the imaginary border.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Steve_Cebu

Reply #7   Nov 23, 2011 11:26 am
FrankMA wrote:
I agree 100%. Why would Honda USA not market the same product available in Canada here in the USA???? It really makes no sense as the northern tier of the US deals with same winter conditions as our Canadien brothers just over the imaginary border.

I believe Honda charges quite a bit more for their Canadian model over the US model. But I do think they should at least offer the Canadian model here in the US as an option. So if they did sell it here it would cost more which shouldn't be that big of a deal since Honda is already expensive as it is. Honda owners don't mind paying a bit more as long as they get what they want. Honda beancounters probably nixed the more expensive model here due to the Walmart mentality many Americans have.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #8   Nov 23, 2011 11:37 am
Steve_Cebu wrote:
I believe Honda charges quite a bit more for their Canadian model over the US model. But I do think they should at least offer the Canadian model here in the US as an option. So if they did sell it here it would cost more which shouldn't be that big of a deal since Honda is already expensive as it is. Honda owners don't mind paying a bit more as long as they get what they want. Honda beancounters probably nixed the more expensive model here due to the Walmart mentality many Americans have.

I wouldn't mind that the dealers don't keep the Canadian models on the US showrooms.  However, at least gives the buyer the option of ordering them through authorized dealers.  Funny how a lot of crappy OPE is allowed to sell here but the good Honda stuff gets barred at the border.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #9   Nov 23, 2011 5:34 pm
aa335 wrote:
I wouldn't mind that the dealers don't keep the Canadian models on the US showrooms.  However, at least gives the buyer the option of ordering them through authorized dealers.  Funny how a lot of crappy OPE is allowed to sell here but the good Honda stuff gets barred at the border.

Sadly. likely, due to the beancounters at Honda.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
stresst

Reply #10   Nov 27, 2011 4:53 pm
longboat wrote:
For $8k, you could get a good used skidsteer, plus tracks, plus HD snowblower attachment!

For 8K you could hire a snow removal company for about 5 years! And never have to lift a finger! lol

TORO 826OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #11   Nov 27, 2011 9:39 pm
stresst wrote:
For 8K you could hire a snow removal company for about 5 years! And never have to lift a finger! lol

The thing is after 5 years all you are left with is an empty wallet. If you buy a decent tractor it'll probably run really well for 15+ years with regular maintainance.

New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Reply #12   Nov 27, 2011 10:34 pm
Many municipalities have Honda 1132 TAS machines because they are nearly bulletproof and have low maintenance.  My guess is that this new $ 8,000.00 Honda Hybrid will be bought up for the same use, as well as institutions like colleges, hospitals, parks departments, and similar applications.  Places where a truck with a plow can't be used, and smaller two stage machines wear out too easily or demand constant heavy maintenance.  Sidewalks in towns and villages would be ideal for a machine this size.  Honda says the engine is an 'Intelligent Commercial grade' engine, with self diagnostics.  They call the machine a Hybrid Snowblower  3613iAS.  It would be interesting to see in operation.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #13   Nov 28, 2011 2:24 am
New_Yorker wrote:
Many municipalities have Honda 1132 TAS machines because they are nearly bulletproof and have low maintenance.  My guess is that this new $ 8,000.00 Honda Hybrid will be bought up for the same use, as well as institutions like colleges, hospitals, parks departments, and similar applications.  Places where a truck with a plow can't be used, and smaller two stage machines wear out too easily or demand constant heavy maintenance.  Sidewalks in towns and villages would be ideal for a machine this size.  Honda says the engine is an 'Intelligent Commercial grade' engine, with self diagnostics.  They call the machine a Hybrid Snowblower  3613iAS.  It would be interesting to see in operation.

Well we have a ton of sidewalks in my city as it's the State capitol with a really large downtown area and they use commercial rigs that you ride in to clear the sidewalks. The way the plows pack the snow onto the sidewalks there is no walk behind that would handle it. The machines they have can chew through 4+ feet of what amounts to EOD without any problems at all. They are fairly slow and they do not throw the snow very far. I am not certain if they can control that but I would imagine they could but since these are used in neighborhoods throwing snow far could be a hazzard. These are out a couple of days after the storm and all the roads are plowed and clear.

I'm not saying a Honda couldn't do it but honestly it would be a nightmare and take too long. These machines are full commercial ones. I haven't seen our city or any other town around here using anthing less than a full commercial machine.

Colleges up here use mostly Honda and Toro, those you will see pretty regularly.

Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42