Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help with Mantis Tiller

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

Need help with Mantis Tiller
Original Message   Nov 19, 2011 1:41 pm
I have a 12 year old Mantis tiller with a a cycle engine- I am having a hard time getting it to rev up or idle smooth. It bogs down even with no load. I think it has a fuel problem- the strainer in the tank looks ok. I played with the needle valves but no real success- Any suggestions
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
niper99

Re: Need help with Mantis Tiller
Reply #1   Nov 20, 2011 2:18 am
well it could be fuel related...but since its 12 years old i would check and see if the exhaust is pluged with carbon (remove muffler and inspect)...if thats ok then i would install a new carb kit in it... and make sure all fuel line connections are tight and not cracked if it was me i would just replace the fuel line and filter anyways just to elimante any future problems..a new carb kit & fuel lines and filter should only cost u about 15- 20 bucks..
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42