Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Norfolker

Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE
Original Message   Oct 10, 2011 12:50 pm
Quick intro: From eastern Mass (half way between Boston and Providence RI). Need to invest in a snow blower that is robust yet easy to steer - well, one that has a good steering system. I'm about to have L4 & L5 vertebrae fused and during the healing process will need a blower that won't make me screw things up by bulling it around. Anyway, been doing a lot of research (lots of free time - disabled from work until back is fixed) and I am narrowing my search down to the Toro's OEX's (Power Max 826OEX, 828OEX, or 1028 OEX) and the Husky with power steering and the high impeller speed (11524E & 14527E) Questions, how do these steer? At this point that is the priority, I will tackle the other differences later. OR do you know of a RELIABLE machine that needs no body twisting or pulling to steer it. (I read reports that Troy-Bilt have unreliable reverse gears) thanks -Bill
This message was modified Oct 10, 2011 by Norfolker
Replies: 54 - 59 of 59Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Norfolker

Re: Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE
Reply #54   Nov 10, 2011 11:08 am
Interesting about the stated recommendations for gas

My dealer said 89 octane, yet the Briggs & Stratton manual says "a minimum of 87 octane"

Also I thought stabilizer was for storage. During the use season, the fuel is used too quickly to absorb enough water to be damaging

and please, Steve, about the "Obama gas", let's not get political nor be like the "debaters" last night who picked easy and erroneous targets for all our problems.

Ethanol has NOTHING to do with Obama. In 1990 & 1992 the Clean Air Act was amended to encourage the use of ethanol and other oxygenated fuels. In 2003 Calif was the first to ban MTBE. In Dec 2008, I had to have the carburetors in an old Toro 724 and my lawn tractor replaced due to ethanol. Obama took office in Jan 2009.

You would be more accurate to call it "Bush League Gas" as G.H.W.B. was in office when the Clean Air Act was amended and started the ball rolling. Or call it "Nixon Gas" because he proposed the formation of the EPA and it began operation in Dec 1970.

Just the facts, my friend, just the facts.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #55   Nov 10, 2011 12:48 pm
You call it what you like, I hate having ethanol in my gas and I hate the damn Kalifornia gas cans. I'm so opposed to political correctness you cannot begin to imagine it.

So I'll use the words and terms I like and you can use yours. It's one of the few freedoms we have left and PC is even taking that away from us.

So you can call it Bush-gas if you want. I'll call it Obama gas. Also fits because 10% ethanol gas is a hassle and less effective just like politics.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #56   Nov 10, 2011 12:50 pm
Seems like this topic can be quite volatile. 

This message was modified Nov 10, 2011 by aa335
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

Reply #57   Nov 10, 2011 12:52 pm
time to build a water engine...

Toro 1028 OXE
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

Reply #58   Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am
About oil. Whice oil are you using? How often to you check the oil? How often did you have to Add oil? How often do you make a oil change? Dose a brand new engine need a early oil change to wash out possible menufactoring particles ? Hope don't ask to much questions, I'm brand new to the world of small engines... Thanks !

Toro 1028 OXE
RobertL

Reply #59   Nov 11, 2011 9:06 pm
JoelKlein wrote:
"Great News" I Swapped the Husqvarna for a..........Toro........yes yes yes....the big brother 1028 OXE! paid the extra $300.00 and got on friday. I did notice thou, the joy stick moves the the chute around very easy, Too easy, and it swings on its own, i can't get it to stay "looked" in the 1 o'clock possition, hard right or left it holds, but not off center. is it a adjustment? Thanks

Remove the cover just behind the chute,.  Use a nutdriver,  Ensure that when you "press" the joystick button, the gear under the removed cover becomes unlocked, allowing the chute to move...The cable is installed at the factory..
This message was modified Nov 11, 2011 by RobertL
Replies: 54 - 59 of 59Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42