Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 515999 Electric Leaf blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Steve_Cebu

Toro 515999 Electric Leaf blower
Original Message   Nov 7, 2011 2:18 pm
I know this is a bit off topic for me but does anyone own a Toro 51599 electric leaf blower?

I know it's not a gas powered one but I'd hate to have to buy gas and maintain a 2 stroke for something I'd use 4 times a year.

This seems like a good unit with a lot of positive reviews.

I'm thinking of going 120-150 feet of cord on my longest run. The driveway has very few leaves and pine needles and the actual yard such as it is is a lot closer to the house.

Any thoughts?

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
snowmachine

Re: Toro 515999 Electric Leaf blower
Reply #1   Nov 7, 2011 5:27 pm
Yes. Works awesome!!!!
Steve_Cebu

Reply #2   Nov 7, 2011 7:43 pm
snowmachine wrote:
Yes. Works awesome!!!!

Thanks, I've heard good things about it but was worried if an electric would have enough power. Home Depot has a good return policy, but I'd rather get something that works right away.

Who knows after this I might even buy a lawnmower!    

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
snowmachine

Reply #3   Nov 7, 2011 8:08 pm
The power to blow or mulch work really well. It is also quick and easy to convert from blower to vacuum.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #4   Nov 8, 2011 6:38 pm
Wow this thing is amazing! My yard is pretyy bad I spent 4 hours on it today and have another 3 hours. But this is so powerful and easy to use!

Toro wins again!

slinger

Reply #5   Nov 8, 2011 8:26 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:

Who knows after this I might even buy a lawnmower!    

Gee...I wonder what kind you'll get?    
Steve_Cebu

Reply #6   Nov 8, 2011 8:59 pm
slinger wrote:
Gee...I wonder what kind you'll get?    

Well it will need those huge tall wheels in the back and be able to cut real close to fences and trees.

All the Toro models have small wheels and our backyard is a nightmmare so it would need different wheels as it has to go over rocks and uneven ground to get there.

Si I guess I'll have to research it a bit more.

aa335

Reply #7   Nov 9, 2011 10:08 am
Goats handle uneven ground fairly well.  :)
Steve_Cebu

Reply #8   Nov 9, 2011 2:16 pm
aa335 wrote:
Goats handle uneven ground fairly well.  :)

Sadly most of the lawn area is now moss.

slinger

Reply #9   Nov 9, 2011 8:30 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
Well it will need those huge tall wheels in the back and be able to cut real close to fences and trees.

All the Toro models have small wheels and our backyard is a nightmmare so it would need different wheels as it has to go over rocks and uneven ground to get there.

Si I guess I'll have to research it a bit more.

The Toro 20331 is a high wheel model  (rear wheels 11" dia.), but it is in the standard Recycler series.  These are the ones sold at HD.  22" cut, stamped steel deck, 675 series Briggs Quantum 190cc. Front wheel drive, washout port, but no Personal Pace System.  Light weight (81 lbs.), around $300, but maybe some end of season deals.  I guess it depends on what grade of machine you are looking for. 
Steve_Cebu

Reply #10   Nov 9, 2011 9:55 pm
slinger wrote:
The Toro 20331 is a high wheel model  (rear wheels 11" dia.), but it is in the standard Recycler series.  These are the ones sold at HD.  22" cut, stamped steel deck, 675 series Briggs Quantum 190cc. Front wheel drive, washout port, but no Personal Pace System.  Light weight (81 lbs.), around $300, but maybe some end of season deals.  I guess it depends on what grade of machine you are looking for. 

I need something that will cut very close to trees and fences and the like. The idea of the big wheels is to get from one area to another which will scrape the heck out of a regular mower which is why 2 landscapers won't do our yard any more.

We have pretty steep hills so that is a factor. As long as it has a slow, fast and medium pace it should be ok. I tend to use slow 95% of the time as I find doing these activities very theraputic and I don't do them when I'm in a hurry.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42