Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro cable burned on muffler cage 1128 OXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RobertL

Toro cable burned on muffler cage 1128 OXE
Original Message   Nov 7, 2011 4:42 am
Seems the Quick Stick cable on my new 1128OXE was laying on the muffler cage when I ran the unit the other day and melted the black rubberish coating on the cable.  Anyone have this problem?  I used a cable tie to tie it up...
This message was modified Nov 7, 2011 by RobertL
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
carlb

Re: Toro cable burned on muffler cage 1128 OXE
Reply #1   Nov 7, 2011 9:17 am
If the outer vinyl/plastic casing was breached be sure to seal it with  RTV or similar product and after the RTV cures usually a day or so wrap it well electrical tape to ensure against moisture getting into the cable which can freeze and make the cable stick.
ajallen

Reply #2   Nov 7, 2011 12:08 pm
If the cable was contacting the muffler it was incorrectly installed. If you got it from a dealer that way make him give you a new cable. Otherwise do what carl said.

AJ

RobertL

Reply #3   Nov 7, 2011 8:42 pm
Yep, been in touch with Toro.  They said the cable was most likely not installed per specifications, at the factory.  Waiting for a remedy...
RobertL

Reply #4   Nov 15, 2011 1:09 am
Received a new cable yesterday.  Nice service
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42