Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any one good on Toro power shift problems?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Greg13

Any one good on Toro power shift problems?
Original Message   Nov 6, 2011 4:52 pm
I am building up a 1998 1028 unit, I bought it with no motor. I am putting a 8 hp Honda on it and so far it is going fairly smooth. Motor is mounted Pulley & belts are on. I have to fabricate belt guides since they flap and grip the pulley. The problem I am having is the power shift. I can shift the wheels back with no problem, but they WILL NOT shift forward. I downloaded the service manual and everything looks right. With you try to shift the wheels back forward the latch will not release to allow the axle to travel. It releases fine fwd-back, but will not to go back-fwd. I had the control box apart and freed everything up I guess this was sitting for a year or two. I acted like the release & reverse cables were switched so I tried that, nope. I can not get the latch to trip with the control box off and in my hand. Everything seems to be there according to the parts break down. Any ideas as to what I am missing? Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
bus708

Re: Any one good on Toro power shift problems?
Reply #1   Nov 7, 2011 8:15 pm
Try contacting Toro service department for help. You can also go to a dealer and look a model like your to compare with. You must have overlooked something
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42