Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > singile stage performance

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

singile stage performance
Original Message   Nov 5, 2011 9:30 am
I understand that a single stage is good for soft snow. What about the end of day stuff? My other question is Toro verses Honda single stage. I know that Honda GX series engine is better than the GC series. I don't  know about Toro single stage engines. I think they are running Cheap China clones. I'm trying to compair a Honda 621 to a Toro 621. I'm in the States and the Honda is not available here.  Or should I gust stick with a small 2 stage like a Ariens compact 24. ?
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
aa335

Re: singile stage performance
Reply #1   Nov 5, 2011 4:19 pm
Why not have both a SS and your 2 stage?  If you're asking this question, it's only a matter of time. 
blumonster

Reply #2   Nov 5, 2011 4:36 pm
If it does not have to be brand new, you can get a used HS621.Asking price varies from place to place and from machine to machine.

I got mine for $246.I have not seen it at work yet.

aa335

Reply #3   Nov 5, 2011 4:42 pm
blumonster wrote:
If it does not have to be brand new, you can get a used HS621.Asking price varies from place to place and from machine to machine.

I got mine for $246.I have not seen it at work yet.

Video link 1

Video Link 2
This message was modified Nov 5, 2011 by aa335
blumonster

Reply #4   Nov 5, 2011 8:11 pm
aa335 wrote:

Thanks for the videos.I saw some other videos also.But I meant that I have not seen my snowblower in action.Not looking forward to cold weather and having to pay for heating but secretly on the side kind of way looking forward to using this machine and seeing it work. :)
aa335

Reply #5   Nov 5, 2011 11:19 pm
I'm still mowing my lawn, it's still green and thick so I'm not looking forward to the cold weather, salt and sand, pot holes, and traffic jams.  But I do like snow.  Give me 12 inches of snow every other day, I'm happy, as long as I have some place to put the snow.    Gasoline is expensive these days, but it's still cheaper than gambling or going drinking at the bar. 

There's another forum member that also bought a Honda HS621 in the spring.  He's been anxious all this time to try it out.
blumonster

Reply #6   Nov 6, 2011 1:07 pm
Are there any diesel equipped snow blowers?

Diesel has great torque.A nice diesel engine would give more power than a gas engine.I love how diesel engines sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZoWQhyuE-0

carlb

Reply #7   Nov 6, 2011 1:37 pm
Great idea until you need to start them i -10 degrees.   Most single cylinder diesels do not have preheaters
blumonster

Reply #8   Nov 6, 2011 3:30 pm
carlb wrote:
Great idea until you need to start them i -10 degrees.   Most single cylinder diesels do not have preheaters

I found one home-made diesel snow blower on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-hRflBBPdM

It starts after a few tries on at 3 degrees cold.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42