Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Norfolker

Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE
Original Message   Oct 10, 2011 12:50 pm
Quick intro: From eastern Mass (half way between Boston and Providence RI). Need to invest in a snow blower that is robust yet easy to steer - well, one that has a good steering system. I'm about to have L4 & L5 vertebrae fused and during the healing process will need a blower that won't make me screw things up by bulling it around. Anyway, been doing a lot of research (lots of free time - disabled from work until back is fixed) and I am narrowing my search down to the Toro's OEX's (Power Max 826OEX, 828OEX, or 1028 OEX) and the Husky with power steering and the high impeller speed (11524E & 14527E) Questions, how do these steer? At this point that is the priority, I will tackle the other differences later. OR do you know of a RELIABLE machine that needs no body twisting or pulling to steer it. (I read reports that Troy-Bilt have unreliable reverse gears) thanks -Bill
This message was modified Oct 10, 2011 by Norfolker
Replies: 19 - 28 of 59Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Norfolker

Re: Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE
Reply #19   Oct 18, 2011 11:55 pm
@coasteray, Thank you for that info. I am hoping the Husky turns as easy as you say. If they are as equal to the Toro as you suggest, location of a dealer will now be my deal maker/breaker

@Steve, I'd really appreciate any feed back from you once you've had a chance to look at and hopefully drive a Husky

This message was modified Oct 18, 2011 by Norfolker
Steve_Cebu

Reply #20   Oct 19, 2011 10:11 pm
Norfolker wrote:

@Steve, I'd really appreciate any feed back from you once you've had a chance to look at and hopefully drive a Husky

So far I've been too busy to go but I do have to get a workout tire for my wife, so I'm hoping this week but the dealer is actually about 40 minutes away. I've been going in the opposite direction all week. But once I learn something I'll be sure and post it.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

Reply #21   Oct 27, 2011 12:23 pm
My husq dealer showed me the Husqvarna 14527-XLS (part no# 961-930061) for only $1,400.00
it's a Hydro drive, so you can set it to ANY speed you like at any time. with all the goodies included:
305 cc B&S
Hydro drive (freeing up A LOT of engine power)
heavy duty auger
very high speed impeller
bar wight
drift cutters
heavy duty skid shoes
Electric start (including the wire)
heated grips
Hal. light
Big Snow tires
Fuel cut off switch
biger fuel tank
and last but not least....quick turn on a dime.

IMO this monster packs more stuff for the money vs. toro.

I also have back pain with high Dr. bills. so i needed an easy snow remover too...
I'm getting mine some time next week.

Hope that helps.

Toro 1028 OXE
aa335

Reply #22   Oct 27, 2011 1:06 pm
Where are you at?  We're not getting any Husqvarna hydrostatic models here the Midwest.
JoelKlein

Reply #23   Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm
Monsey NY 10952

call up Precision Mower & Power equipment  (845) 624-2159. ask to talk to the boss, ask him if he could get u shiped

Toro 1028 OXE
aa335

Reply #24   Oct 27, 2011 2:29 pm
JoelKlein wrote:
Monsey NY 10952

call up Precision Mower & Power equipment  (845) 624-2159. ask to talk to the boss, ask him if he could get u shiped

Thanks for the info, but snowblowers are those things I feel needs local sales and service support.

I hope Husqvarna is more available across the US.  Seems like they pack quite a lot in such a small price.
JoelKlein

Reply #25   Oct 27, 2011 10:10 pm
find out if you have a dealer close to you. if yes, ask him if "he" could get in that model. husqvarna makes all kind of models and NOT all of them is listed on the husqvarna website.
This message was modified Oct 27, 2011 by JoelKlein

Toro 1028 OXE
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #26   Oct 30, 2011 5:35 am
Norfolker wrote:
@coasteray, Thank you for that info. I am hoping the Husky turns as easy as you say. If they are as equal to the Toro as you suggest, location of a dealer will now be my deal maker/breaker

I know I'm late getting to this, but if you see this posting, there is another thing I've noticed about the newer Husky units.  The handles are higher than just about any machine I've seen.  I'm not too keen on that.  The Toro handles are at a nice level.  Just a thought.

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
Steve_Cebu

Reply #27   Oct 30, 2011 1:40 pm
I have not had the time to visit the Husky dealer not sure when I will have the time But I do want to see one up close.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #28   Oct 31, 2011 3:45 am
aa335 wrote:
Thanks for the info, but snowblowers are those things I feel needs local sales and service support.

I hope Husqvarna is more available across the US.  Seems like they pack quite a lot in such a small price.

Good point about the local aspect. 

I can never understand Husqvarna for only having a 12-inch impeller across their entire line.  Also their auger gear cases seem small.  Compare to the Toro or Ariens, for example.

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
Replies: 19 - 28 of 59Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42