Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Norfolker

Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE
Original Message   Oct 10, 2011 12:50 pm
Quick intro: From eastern Mass (half way between Boston and Providence RI). Need to invest in a snow blower that is robust yet easy to steer - well, one that has a good steering system. I'm about to have L4 & L5 vertebrae fused and during the healing process will need a blower that won't make me screw things up by bulling it around. Anyway, been doing a lot of research (lots of free time - disabled from work until back is fixed) and I am narrowing my search down to the Toro's OEX's (Power Max 826OEX, 828OEX, or 1028 OEX) and the Husky with power steering and the high impeller speed (11524E & 14527E) Questions, how do these steer? At this point that is the priority, I will tackle the other differences later. OR do you know of a RELIABLE machine that needs no body twisting or pulling to steer it. (I read reports that Troy-Bilt have unreliable reverse gears) thanks -Bill
This message was modified Oct 10, 2011 by Norfolker
Replies: 40 - 49 of 59Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

Re: Steering system Husky Power Steering vs Toro OXE
Reply #40   Nov 6, 2011 12:50 am
"Great News" I Swapped the Husqvarna for a..........Toro........yes yes yes....the big brother 1028 OXE! paid the extra $300.00 and got on friday. I did notice thou, the joy stick moves the the chute around very easy, Too easy, and it swings on its own, i can't get it to stay "looked" in the 1 o'clock possition, hard right or left it holds, but not off center. is it a adjustment? Thanks

Toro 1028 OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #41   Nov 6, 2011 5:25 am
JoelKlein wrote:
"Great News" I Swapped the Husqvarna for a..........Toro........yes yes yes....the big brother 1028 OXE! paid the extra $300.00 and got on friday. I did notice thou, the joy stick moves the the chute around very easy, Too easy, and it swings on its own, i can't get it to stay "looked" in the 1 o'clock possition, hard right or left it holds, but not off center. is it a adjustment? Thanks

Congratulations on your new Toro 1028!

The loose joystick is a dealer setup issue. They probably assembled it quickly and didn't take their time to do it right. make them get it right. I have videos of the chute working at all levels and very quickly and it stays where I put it.

You squeeze the blue on the top to move it and then release it and it stays put. Have them adjust the cable.

Honestly it sounds like this dealer isn't a place I'd want to service my machine. If they tell you that's the way it normally is tell them BullS#1T! and have them fix it right.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
JoelKlein

Reply #42   Nov 6, 2011 8:08 pm
Will call my dealer AGAIN... What about gas? Do i have any gain of using 93?

Toro 1028 OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #43   Nov 6, 2011 10:18 pm
JoelKlein wrote:
Will call my dealer AGAIN... What about gas? Do i have any gain of using 93?

No, you don't need 93 octane. I just run whatever my local gas station has and I run the cheap stuff and then I put in stabilizer. I'm usinng a different brand than Stabil but so far it really gets rid of the ethanol and water in the gas. Those are alway a problem. My dealer told me to run the cheap stuff and it works great.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
JoelKlein

Reply #44   Nov 8, 2011 12:16 pm
i put in in my SUV 93, So I planed on using it in the SB as well. will 93 "hurt" on make better performance in a SB engine?

My dealer sold me the StarTron Enzyme Fuel Treatment. is that a good chice, or you know of a better one?

Thanks so much for your help steve!

Toro 1028 OXE
mobiledynamics

Reply #45   Nov 8, 2011 12:26 pm
The higher the oct. - the harder to start but 93 is fine if it makes you feel better.

Octane is not the issue. Bring back MTBE
JoelKlein

Reply #46   Nov 8, 2011 2:15 pm
what about the StarTron Enzyme Fuel Treatment, is it a good choice?

Toro 1028 OXE
Garth

Reply #47   Nov 8, 2011 6:33 pm
A local Toro only dealer told me not to use gas with ethanol in a snowblower. Of course he sold the gas without ethanol.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #48   Nov 8, 2011 6:46 pm
JoelKlein wrote:
what about the StarTron Enzyme Fuel Treatment, is it a good choice?

I'm on my 3rd year using Startron and I think it's great. The Honda dealer uses it in all their Honda equipment so I figure why not use it in mine.

I use a bit more than it says on the bottle. But a capful treats like 5 gallons. a 2 years supply costs $10.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #49   Nov 8, 2011 6:48 pm
Garth wrote:
A local Toro only dealer told me not to use gas with ethanol in a snowblower. Of course he sold the gas without ethanol.

All gas sold in our state has Ethanol

You can use Startron or other additives to deal with teh ethanol and water that inevitably comes from mixing grain alcohol with proper gasoline.

I really don't like Obama gas and I really hate Obama Gas cans that spill more gas than they put in your tank.

Replies: 40 - 49 of 59Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42