Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928WAS vs. Toro 1028OXE vs Husqvarna 14527E

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Honda HS928WAS vs. Toro 1028OXE vs Husqvarna 14527E
Original Message   Oct 2, 2011 11:04 pm
Ok lets here it what are the actual differances between these units? For the record I have the Toro 826OXE but I am looking for something with a larger engine so I am considering selling my Toro and buying something else and I limited it down to the Toro and Husqvarna but if im going to do this again it has to be the last time so I decided to through the Honda in there. I know how much better honda engines are but from my limited snow blower experience I dont think spending that kind of cash can be justified just for a better engine.

Any suggestions? Or maybe I over looked some other models that I should be considering? BTW besides a larger engine I need power steering, something similiar (or better) then what I have now on my Toro.

Even thought about looking at the Deere 1028E! Few hundred less then the Husqvarna and half the price of the Honda! But I dont know how it stacks up against the others.

Thanks in advance!

This message was modified Oct 2, 2011 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
stresst

Re: Honda HS928WAS vs. Toro 1028OXE vs Husqvarna 14527E
Reply #9   Oct 3, 2011 8:25 pm
FrankMA wrote:
If you absolutely require some sort of power assisted steering, then you can rule out the Honda. I'm surprised to hear you need something similar or better than the Toro as I have heard many positive stories about the Toro snowblowers being very easy to use (especially from Steve_Cebu). Do you have a physical condition that inhibits your ability to operate a snowblower? If so, you may want to consider a tractor with a snowblower attachment if this is conducive to your property layout.

Yup! I sure do! Its called shear laziness! I want a remote control snowblower that I can use from my heater living room while im watching football! lol

Mine is easy to use but I want a larger engine like Steve has. I live onthe rite side of the street and the DSNY leaves mountains like no other. Then they salt, then plow, then salt then plow by the next morning its nearly solid ice. I know a snow blower is the not the rite tool for this but mu Toro actually chopped through this it was when we had 26"+ that it seemed to bog. So being the blower is nearly new I figure I can get the most out of it now with the least lose.  

TORO 826OXE
mobiledynamics

Reply #10   Oct 3, 2011 8:42 pm
Stresst -

Does does DSNY ever plow to the left in your part of town?

I'm just curious as seems like we're in the same boat. Live on the right, plow to the right....
You would think at some point - whether it be during the day, when they are salting and there is snow, they would plow at least once to the left ----- to let the salt do it's work.
This message was modified Oct 3, 2011 by mobiledynamics
FrankMA

Reply #11   Oct 3, 2011 8:44 pm
stresst wrote:
Yup! I sure do! Its called shear laziness! I want a remote control snowblower that I can use from my heater living room while im watching football! lol

Mine is easy to use but I want a larger engine like Steve has. I live onthe rite side of the street and the DSNY leaves mountains like no other. Then they salt, then plow, then salt then plow by the next morning its nearly solid ice. I know a snow blower is the not the rite tool for this but mu Toro actually chopped through this it was when we had 26"+ that it seemed to bog. So being the blower is nearly new I figure I can get the most out of it now with the least lose.  

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. A couple of extra ponies makes a big difference, especially on the EOD garbage. There was a guy on a Youtube video that made a robotic plow that he controlled with a joystick from his computer inside his heated garage. The thing was pretty neat and actually worked pretty well.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/ideaLABORATORIES

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
stresst

Reply #12   Oct 4, 2011 8:29 pm
mobiledynamics wrote:
Stresst -

Does does DSNY ever plow to the left in your part of town?

I'm just curious as seems like we're in the same boat. Live on the right, plow to the right....
You would think at some point - whether it be during the day, when they are salting and there is snow, they would plow at least once to the left ----- to let the salt do it's work.
Its friggen ridiculous! I dont know why they do this but it drives me nuts. Last year we got wacked with 26"+ rite after x-mas and didnt get plowed for 3 days. So all my a-hole neighbors blew/shoveled all the snow off the sidewalks and cars and put it in the street. My whole stree was over 4'!! The plow got stuck along with the salt spreader that was trying to push the grabage/plow truck! They had to bring in two payloaders one pushing the two stuck trucks and one pulling! Anway when they were done the snow EOD was higher then the top of my bumper of my suv. Mind you I park on the street so I always have an EOD the lenght of my truck and driveway. Its a fulltime job clearing snow and mind you I have a small property!

TORO 826OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #13   Oct 9, 2011 7:58 pm
stresst wrote:

The Toro so far has been the easiest unit to steer and no drama with repairs either. I do not want to go out and muscle a 200+ lb. snowblower for fun. That said I am very happy I went with the 1028 over the 826. The extra HP seems to help with the EOD stuff.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
stresst

Reply #14   Oct 10, 2011 8:38 pm
Sure, go ahead! Rub it in!  I really had no clue when I bought this blower that I may need something bigger.......

TORO 826OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #15   Oct 10, 2011 9:35 pm
stresst wrote:
Sure, go ahead! Rub it in!  I really had no clue when I bought this blower that I may need something bigger.......

Didn't I tell you when you bought it to buy the larger model, but you thought even a 26" would be too wide? I think you did.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
stresst

Reply #16   Oct 10, 2011 10:20 pm
I will tell you what, I can live with the width. I cannot live with the 250cc engine.........well I can but I want more......

TORO 826OXE
aa335

Reply #17   Oct 10, 2011 10:47 pm
stresst wrote:
I really had no clue when I bought this blower that I may need something bigger.......

That's what she said. 

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hehe.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #18   Oct 11, 2011 1:56 am
stresst wrote:
I will tell you what, I can live with the width. I cannot live with the 250cc engine.........well I can but I want more......

Time for a turbocharger I guess, at least it wouldn't oveheat in the cold. There are guys who build engines for shifter karts so maybe someone could build your 8HP into something with more oomph?

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42