Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Roller Skid shoes

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
carlb

Roller Skid shoes
Original Message   Sep 25, 2011 4:51 pm

I just I just finished up a set of "Roller Skids" for my 11/26 Cub Cadet and they work great.  Here are some stills and video's. 

Here is a link to a video of it rolling

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb395/carlb2323/?action=view&current=CubCadetRollerskidvideo1.mp4

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb395/carlb2323/?action=view&current=CubCadetRollerskid2video2.mp4

Carl

This message was modified Sep 25, 2011 by carlb
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
RedOctobyr

Re: Roller Skid shoes
Reply #1   Jan 22, 2012 11:09 am
Nice work on the rollers!

Regarding your homemade Clarence kit, can I ask what thickness rubber you used? I bought some 1/8" thick sheet, 70 durometer (so fairly stiff), which is what I was planning to use. If you had any pics or tips that you wanted to share, I'd be interested to learn. The kits sound like they really help, but I'd like to try and make my own, if possible. I fear that drilling the holes in the impeller may be a bit tricky (my plan is to try and drill the impeller without removing it). Thanks.
longboat

Reply #2   Jan 23, 2012 9:35 am
I drilled mine without removing the impeller - just go through the chute opening, with a 2x4 jammed into the impeller to keep it from moving.  It is not bad if you use new/sharp drill bits.  Start with a small bit first, then work your way up.
carlb

Reply #3   Jan 23, 2012 11:01 am
I did not use rubber for my impeller kit I use 1/8" Stainless steel that I welded to the impeller.  I set it up with 1/32" clearance to start then fitted each blade to 1/16" by grinding them to the proper contour.

It was a little more work then drilling and bolting the rubber but I thought it was worth the extra trouble as it will never wear out.  I was able to do all the work with the impeller installed in the machine.   Removing the chute in most cases is all you need to do.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42