Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Low pressure tire gauge for snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BALR1415

Low pressure tire gauge for snowblower
Original Message   Sep 22, 2011 2:09 pm
I have a older Honda snowblower with 14 x 4.0 -6 tires. I have already ruined one of them by overinflating it. I does say on the tire that the working pressure is 8.5 psi and that max pressure to seat is 17 psi. Whil getting ready for this season one tire seems awful low again. and its pressure doesn't register on my 0 - 60 gauge.

Does anyone have a recomendation for an accurate low pressure gauge? are digital gauges accurate at low pressure? 

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
stresst

Re: Low pressure tire gauge for snowblower
Reply #1   Sep 30, 2011 10:01 pm
I had a Moroso guage when I had my race car but I think you are going a little over board here. You only put a few lbs in the tires, no reason to knock your brain on this subject. As far as digital guages there as accurate as you will ever need for a snow blower. Add just enough air so there not hard. You should be able to push the tire slightly in with your foot.

TORO 826OXE
FullThrottle

Reply #2   Oct 1, 2011 12:30 am
Check out ATV stores for low pressure gauges. You can get blow sticks for 3 bucks or a gauge face for under 20
onlyinajeep

Reply #3   Oct 11, 2011 1:15 pm
Accu-Gage makes a 0-15psi gauge. Most online motorcycle stores should have 'em, amazon lists 'em.

Here's a 0-30psi Accu-Gage I use for my snowbike. 0.5 psi increments are easily discernible.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #4   Oct 11, 2011 1:57 pm
BALR1415 wrote:
I have a older Honda snowblower with 14 x 4.0 -6 tires. I have already ruined one of them by overinflating it. I does say on the tire that the working pressure is 8.5 psi and that max pressure to seat is 17 psi. Whil getting ready for this season one tire seems awful low again. and its pressure doesn't register on my 0 - 60 gauge.

Does anyone have a recomendation for an accurate low pressure gauge? are digital gauges accurate at low pressure? 

I have the Moroso guage as well and it works great. i use it on my cars as well so it's a pretty good deal overall and it's very accurate. I also bought the rubberized protector for it as well. It's not cheap but it works great. I have a drawer full of guages that don't work for squat. This one works. If you get it make sure you get the rubberized protector. I've banged mine a few times and that has saved it.

http://www.amazon.com/Moroso-89560-Tire-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B000COS8FI/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318355562&sr=8-1-spell

http://www.amazon.com/Moroso-89590-Pressure-Gauge-Cover/dp/B000COO1UO/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_b

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42