Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > stihl chainsaw model 017 linkage

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dannyc

stihl chainsaw model 017 linkage
Original Message   Sep 13, 2011 11:22 pm
Hi  I  hope that somebody can give me an answer   I have a stihl chainsaw model 017 my problem is I can;t get the linkage of the trigger I got the choke linkage off  it looks real easy but i  can;t figure it out help would be greatly  appreciated      dannyc
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Shryp

Re: stihl chainsaw model 017 linkage
Reply #1   Sep 14, 2011 4:20 am
You have to manually open the butterfly on the carb while pushing the linkage out according to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUyOpYa25cM

Skip to 2:05 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.
It is part 1 of 3 if you want to watch the whole series.
This message was modified Sep 14, 2011 by Shryp
dannyc

Reply #2   Oct 26, 2011 12:08 am
I hope that someone can help me I took my walbro carb apart on my stihl 017 chainsaw to rebuild it 3 weeks ago but the wife got sick and i didn;t get to it until now  there is a little black o ring and a brass washer and for the life of me i cant rember where they go on the carb I hope that somebody  can tell me where they go  Thanks   Dannyc
Shryp

Reply #3   Oct 26, 2011 4:33 am
Go watch those 3 videos above.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42