Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > weedwacker cuts off

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

weedwacker cuts off
Original Message   Jun 4, 2011 7:56 pm
I have a Huskuvarna 3235 weed wacker . I started my wed wacker the other day it ran fine. Today it ran fine but cuts off after 15 seconds and the exhaust was smoking when it cut off. It will not restart until it cools off. I thought it might be my fuel so I dumped it and put in a fresh mix. It does the same thing.  When it cuts off it acts like it is running out of gas. Some time my priming bulb goes dry and my tank goes empty just sitting in my shed??? It is only 3 years old. I never messed with a huskvarna engine before. Any ideas of what is wrong? The air filter is clean. The plug is tan.
This message was modified Jun 4, 2011 by bus708
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
niper99

Re: weedwacker cuts off
Reply #1   Jun 5, 2011 2:09 am
when the unit dies pull the plug and see if its wet or dry? try starting it and if it wont start pull plug again and see if its wet or dry? that will tell what direction u need to go in....but if i had to guess most likely the diarphams are getting stiff and need replaced...a kit should run u about 8-15 dollaurs.
bus708

Reply #2   Jun 5, 2011 4:55 pm
My plug is dry and a little light tan in color when it cuts off- even if i choke it to pull more fuel it cuts off. at wide open it hunts before it dies
niper99

Reply #3   Jun 5, 2011 7:05 pm
bus708 wrote:
My plug is dry and a little light tan in color when it cuts off- even if i choke it to pull more fuel it cuts off. at wide open it hunts before it die

it sounds like it probally needs a carb kit.....if the fuel cap vents make sure its vents proberely..make sure the fuel filter isnt clogged as well u may want to replace that aswell for a little pervenative maintenance.

Bill_H

Reply #4   Jun 6, 2011 2:46 pm
bus708 wrote:
 I thought it might be my fuel so I dumped it and put in a fresh mix. It does the same thing.  When it cuts off it acts like it is running out of gas. Some time my priming bulb goes dry and my tank goes empty just sitting in my shed??? It is only 3 years old.

Sounds like you've had fuel evaporating in the past; when that happens it leaves residue behind. At 3 years I'm not sure you need a rebuild yet, rather I'd give the carb a thorough cleaning. You may have a piece of gunk floating around in there.
This message was modified Jun 6, 2011 by Bill_H

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42