Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Warranties

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Warranties
Original Message   Jan 30, 2005 7:45 am
All of us that have new snowthrowers this year need to keep in mind that certain conditions/restrictions may apply to keep the warranty active. Be sure to read the manuals that came with the equipment. (For example: SnowRemovers new blower now only has a 45 day warranty, rather than the 2 year that came with it because of their warranty restrictions) Just a heads up for us "Newbies"!
Replies: 19 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Warranties
Reply #19   Feb 1, 2005 8:32 am
Walt, what a nice post. Thanks for being here!
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #20   Feb 1, 2005 8:54 am
Walt wrote:
Your post concerning the engines has you very worked up inside, and questioning your own decision for the Best snowblower. 

Walt,

First - thanks for the advice. Second, you are too modest (an admirable trait).  Third, I'm not questioning my decision to buy the Toro in the slightest - I just saw that website and thought I'd get some opinions.  I don't plan on ever starting the engine without checking the oil, plus I take that persons opinion with a heavy grain of salt since there was no factual evidence cited.  That doesn't mean it's not true, simply not verified by others using scientific or anectodal methods.

Walt wrote:
You admired a magazine for their ability to trash someones product.  What they were doing was giving an opinion, their own!  That doesn't mean they were right, it just meant that they liked chocolate ice cream, not vanilla.

I will try not to get too far off topic, but humans are humans.  The magazine is I admire is Maximum PC and they sometimes they give their opinion on layout design, but often they give facts that are as clear as day.  For example, last month they tested computer power supply's under manufacturer's load specs - and two burned out within the manufacturers specifications - two others didn't keep the URL approved voltage to the PC.  Those aren't opinions, those are important considerations that people need to have.  If those same products were tested by PC Magazine, they would say something like "Under normal conditions we feel this power supply is fine, but the manufacturer put such I high tolerance level on their product it couldn't meet it.  We still think this product deserves your consideration."  Whereas Maximum PC simply says "Avoid this product".  That's what I like about Maximum PC.  And that Power supply they ripped, had a the back cover ad.  Impressive magazine.  But I digress.

I do get your point that most people are good - that might be why I was so mad yesterday.  A large number of my "olive branch" posts were deleted, as if someone wanted to cover up the fact that I had some nice things to say about people. 

--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #21   Feb 1, 2005 9:02 am
Just to let everyone know, I can't get the italics off of posts where the italics are pre-set by "QUOTING" someone.  I'm using Firefox 1.0.  So please don't complain about the italics.  I've cleared my cache, shut down the browser, re-entered the cite, tried to edit the post again, but the italics won't turn off.  Sorry for the difficulty it makes in reading.

--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #22   Feb 1, 2005 9:15 am
SnowRemover wrote:
Just to let everyone know, I can't get the italics off of posts where the italics are pre-set by "QUOTING" someone.  I'm using Firefox 1.0.  So please don't complain about the italics.  I've cleared my cache, shut down the browser, re-entered the cite, tried to edit the post again, but the italics won't turn off.  Sorry for the difficulty it makes in reading.

--SnowRemover

I'm on FF too. No Italics when quoting.................
Replies: 19 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42