Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 724ST 7HP Tecumseh Gear Case Oil

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Ptindy

Ariens 724ST 7HP Tecumseh Gear Case Oil
Original Message   Mar 17, 2011 6:25 pm
Hey guys, I am trying to find the right gear case lube or proper substitute for this snow blower.  I just picked it up for a reasonable price.  I was originally looking at the 926LE but I decided it would be too big to get through my garage door into my back yard.  We will see.  I am confident that if I find the machine too small I can easily get my money back and go bigger.  Anyways,

It is a mid ninties machine model 932027 and the part number for the gear case lube is 00008100.  I can not find it online anywhere, wondering if there is a substitue I can pick up over the counter at my local automotive shop or Canadian Tire.

Also, the reason I want this is I would like to take apart the front auger assembly and check the auger shaft or shaft rake.  When the augers are running I notice the augers pulsating up and down with maybe about a half inch of movement.  I am thinking this rod may need to be replaced and I would like to do an inspection and just want the lube to rebuild the front.

Also any ideas on what to use for a new gasket?

Is it possible that this movement is normal for a snow blower of this year?

Thanks

Mike

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Ptindy

Re: Ariens 724ST 7HP Tecumseh Gear Case Oil
Reply #3   Mar 18, 2011 4:40 pm
Thanks snowman, what does OD mean? Outside diameter or the seal? Thanks for the details. Mike
trouts2

Re: Ariens 724ST 7HP Tecumseh Gear Case Oil
Reply #4   Mar 18, 2011 7:03 pm
The gasket is fiber/paper pn 000080 and available. Permatex works.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42