Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2005/2006 Ariens 926LE Second Hand Advice

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Ptindy

2005/2006 Ariens 926LE Second Hand Advice
Original Message   Mar 13, 2011 6:09 pm
Hey guys, new to the forum, I'm from Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada. I have a few questions about the above mentioned model that I hope you guys can shed some light on. I've been doing a fair amount of reading over the last week to try to educate myself before I purchase a snowblower. We were hit hard this winter and I swore I am not living another one without a blower from now on. So I went out today to look at a second hand 05/06 Ariens 926LE. It has the L head 9HP Tecumseh engine on it. Now I have a few concerns about this unit 1: The machine is 5 years old and has been used less then 10 times - I would think a sitting engine would be worse off then a lightly used one. 2: There is a fair amount of surface rust on the unit not sure how long a new one would take to develop this but seems normal I guess. 3: Now this is my biggest concern, he has done no maintenance. He did not even realize that a shear bolt had given out from his last use so I could not even give it a true test drive. The dipstick tube was a half turn undone and some oil has been weeping out, not a big deal. The worse in my opinion is he has done no oil changes. The oil on the stick looks fine but after 5 years I would think it would definately need a change. Also there is some nicks from him snowblowing his new gravel driveway in spots. I imagine normal wear and tear in that case but disappointed to see a barely used 5 year old machine with signs of oxidation everywhere and the auger nicks. Now he is asking $900 canadian, keep in mind it retails for 1300 new in canada. I think I can get it for $750 as I have him down to 800 already but disappointed with the lack of maintenance. Also the throttle cable needs some adjustment as it is either full throttle or off, I am not sure how much work it will take to adjust. Any advice and comments would be appreciated! Cheers, Mike from Canada
Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Ptindy

Re: 2005/2006 Ariens 926LE Second Hand Advice
Reply #5   Mar 18, 2011 1:06 pm
Cheers guys. Thanks for the advice much appreciated. I actually purchased an older Ariens ST724 as it was a great price in my opinion. It is in much better shape then the 926LE was. I put a post up on the main discussion page regarding the ST724 looking for some replies. I unfortunately bought the thing in the dark and did not notice a small up and down pulsating in the front auger so I am hoping to rebuild the front auger assembly all the way back to the pulley drive and that replacing bushings and such to clean it up and tighten things up a bit. We will see. Thanks again. Why does my post squish up into one big paragraph even though I make seperate paragraphs? Mike
Bill_H

Reply #6   Mar 19, 2011 2:35 pm
double posted (???)
This message was modified Mar 19, 2011 by Bill_H

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Bill_H

Reply #7   Mar 19, 2011 2:38 pm
Strange software. It seems to react differently to different OS's and browsers. Don't worry, you're not the only one. Sometimes I even see HTML. It might have something to do with the full moon...

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42