Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help with Ariens Deluxe 30 please!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
midfiman

Need help with Ariens Deluxe 30 please!!!
Original Message   Mar 13, 2011 5:40 pm
Hello all,

So i purchased an almost new (like 4 months old) Ariens Deluxe 30 for only $500 this weekend from someone. It's vitually in perfect shape with almost no signs of wear.   Downside, can't get it to start.  I think it's because the starting key is missing.  Can someone tell me what this key is suppose to look like?  The slot for the key isn't a normal slot I shaped slot.  Instead, it looks like a capital I (or I guess a wide "H" on it's side) shaped slot (see below for crude illustration).  It's currently in the "up/verticle" position.  The engine is a Briggs and Stratton Snow Series 1450.  Can someone help me out and tell what this key is suppose to look like?  Does anyone know of anything like a key with an I shape?  I think that's all it will take to start the engine but not sure.

If no one knows, is there a way to open up the cover and change the position of the switch/key so that I can start the machine anyways?

Thanks in advance for your help.

midfi

Shape and position of slot:

XXXXXXXXXX

X

X

X

X

X

XXXXXXXXXX

Replies: 19 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
amazer98

Re: Need help with Ariens Deluxe 30 please!!!
Reply #19   Mar 14, 2011 8:17 pm
...just wait til you find out it was stolen!
This message was modified Mar 14, 2011 by amazer98
midfiman

Re: Need help with Ariens Deluxe 30 please!!!
Reply #20   Mar 14, 2011 9:18 pm
amazer98 wrote:
...just wait til you find out it was stolen!

Eh doesn't matter to me!  I have a bill of sale from the person I bought it from.  I'm innocent I tells ya!  I doubt it's stolen.  It has some little nicks here and there and very very very minor rust spots that show it was definately used.  i believe the people who sold it to me.
Replies: 19 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42