Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help with Ariens Deluxe 30 please!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
midfiman

Need help with Ariens Deluxe 30 please!!!
Original Message   Mar 13, 2011 5:40 pm
Hello all,

So i purchased an almost new (like 4 months old) Ariens Deluxe 30 for only $500 this weekend from someone. It's vitually in perfect shape with almost no signs of wear.   Downside, can't get it to start.  I think it's because the starting key is missing.  Can someone tell me what this key is suppose to look like?  The slot for the key isn't a normal slot I shaped slot.  Instead, it looks like a capital I (or I guess a wide "H" on it's side) shaped slot (see below for crude illustration).  It's currently in the "up/verticle" position.  The engine is a Briggs and Stratton Snow Series 1450.  Can someone help me out and tell what this key is suppose to look like?  Does anyone know of anything like a key with an I shape?  I think that's all it will take to start the engine but not sure.

If no one knows, is there a way to open up the cover and change the position of the switch/key so that I can start the machine anyways?

Thanks in advance for your help.

midfi

Shape and position of slot:

XXXXXXXXXX

X

X

X

X

X

XXXXXXXXXX

Replies: 16 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
amazer98

Re: Need help with Ariens Deluxe 30 please!!!
Reply #16   Mar 14, 2011 4:53 pm
I have an Ariens Platinum 24 from last year and I start it with the throttle full on.  When the engine catches, I back off a tiny bit on the throttle..  About the same time I have to turn my choke down a click.  Even on the cold days, full choke seems to be too rich for the engine. I let it run only 30 seconds or so before I go back to full throttle and zero choke.

Even after the engine is fully warm, I can't back off the throttle too much or the engine turns off.  I'd say, if the throttle slides a total of 3 inches (and full power is full right on the throttle), if you back it up an inch or so the engine turns off.

BTW, you are supposed to run these engines at full throttle whenever you're blowing snow or even having it motor along without the augers spinning.
midfiman

Reply #17   Mar 14, 2011 7:38 pm
amazer98 wrote:
I have an Ariens Platinum 24 from last year and I start it with the throttle full on.  When the engine catches, I back off a tiny bit on the throttle..  About the same time I have to turn my choke down a click.  Even on the cold days, full choke seems to be too rich for the engine. I let it run only 30 seconds or so before I go back to full throttle and zero choke.

Even after the engine is fully warm, I can't back off the throttle too much or the engine turns off.  I'd say, if the throttle slides a total of 3 inches (and full power is full right on the throttle), if you back it up an inch or so the engine turns off.

BTW, you are supposed to run these engines at full throttle whenever you're blowing snow or even having it motor along without the augers spinning.

Thanks for the heads up.  Yeah, I got home, inserted the key and it fired right up just like new!  I ran it on full throttle while blowing snow and it was great.  All I have left is slush and it was throwing it at least 25'.  I can only imagine what it will do with powder!

I turned down the throttle while it was just sitting for a few and it purred like a loud kitten!

Wow, $500 (plus $2 for the key) for a 4 month old Ariens Deluxe 30.  I'd say I got a steal of a deal!!!

BriMtl

Reply #18   Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm
midfiman wrote:

Wow, $500 (plus $2 for the key) for a 4 month old Ariens Deluxe 30.  I'd say I got a steal of a deal!!!

Oh yeah, that's right!  I forgot to say YOU SUCK!!  Heckuva gloat!
amazer98

Reply #19   Mar 14, 2011 8:17 pm
...just wait til you find out it was stolen!
This message was modified Mar 14, 2011 by amazer98
midfiman

Reply #20   Mar 14, 2011 9:18 pm
amazer98 wrote:
...just wait til you find out it was stolen!

Eh doesn't matter to me!  I have a bill of sale from the person I bought it from.  I'm innocent I tells ya!  I doubt it's stolen.  It has some little nicks here and there and very very very minor rust spots that show it was definately used.  i believe the people who sold it to me.
Replies: 16 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42