Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 5 year old honda 928 for $1200. Good deal?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
midfiman

5 year old honda 928 for $1200. Good deal?
Original Message   Feb 26, 2011 3:28 pm
Hello all,

Still looking for that perfect snowblower (or close to it!).  Someone is selling a 5 year old Honda 928 for $1200.  Would you consider that a good deal.  He said he used it normal for 3 yrs, lightly for the last 2 and did regular oil change maintenance every year on it.  There is no rust on the machine.  I was thinking of getting Ariens Deluxe/Pro or Simplicity Pro but I've heard from many that Honda is creme de la creme.  What do you guys think?

Thanks!

SP

Replies: 10 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BDF1

Re: 5 year old honda 928 for $1200. Good deal?
Reply #10   Mar 1, 2011 10:49 am
I just grabbed an HS928 from south of Boston last Thursday night- is that the one you are talking about? I was the third person to look at it and took it with me. Nice machine, not a mark on it and in perfect condition. Brian Glosta wrote:
Midfiman - You wouldn't happen to be from MA and scored the 928 tracked model listed on Craigslist in Metro West MA?  

If so, my brother looked at that unit last Thursday and called to buy it this morning.....but it was already sold.

Just curious if you're the new lucky owner. 

Either way.  Congrats on the new purchase.  Great choice. 

midfiman

Re: 5 year old honda 928 for $1200. Good deal?
Reply #11   Mar 1, 2011 3:44 pm
Glosta wrote:
Midfiman - You wouldn't happen to be from MA and scored the 928 tracked model listed on Craigslist in Metro West MA?  

If so, my brother looked at that unit last Thursday and called to buy it this morning.....but it was already sold.

Just curious if you're the new lucky owner. 

Either way.  Congrats on the new purchase.  Great choice. 

Hey Glosta,

No, I scored this bascially from a friend of a friend of a friend type thing.  Yeah, the machine kicks butt.  I'm still torn on weather or not the track version is for me or not.  We'll see.  If I decide to get rid of it, I'll make it known here first!

Midfi

Replies: 10 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42