Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ARIENS 824 - Model 932101

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pipesbac

ARIENS 824 - Model 932101
Original Message   Feb 22, 2011 12:39 pm
WARNING - stay away from this model - really disaster. I purchased brand new 4 years ago. Fisrt time used and the "wonder machine" didn't moved forward or backward. Took two weeks fixed , parts where not in stock.  Used second time - 15 min. - "wonder machine" bushing wear out. Again - is service. Year by year, this same problem - $ 1100.00 unit not worth even echange for showel. The manufacture didn't offer 3 years warranty - I didn't now why - I called amd I was told - only 1 year.  Pay few hundrats $$$ for service and finnaly last night - "wonder machine" give up again.

Ariens - this is a German perfect engineering? I hope you will learn from China manufactures - my friend purchased at Home Depo unit 1/2 price of mine and used thuis same time w/out any problems.

This is my personal experience.  I own before very old Ariens - this was a perfect unit - never give me any problems, I used, my son, friends and never, ever stop working.  Best ever machine I have it.

But, sombody like it and my unit dissapered from my garage. I was forced to by new unit. I this was a HELL mistake.

Sorry ARIENS - but your prududct is not worth my time and the money. I want buy only Americans pruduct, but I do not have choice again,

Mark

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
uconncuzinvinny

Go UCONN!

Re: ARIENS 824 - Model 932101
Reply #2   Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm
My Ariens 932101 is going on 10 years old.  So far the only thing I did to it besides the R3 retrofit kit was a new carb this year.  It needs a new friction wheel so I will put one on in the spring.

Ariens 824 with R3 Drive Update,  Toro 6.5 HP personal pace Lawn mower, B&S Generac 2700 PSI pressure washer.
bus708

Re: ARIENS 824 - Model 932101
Reply #3   Feb 23, 2011 10:45 am
I have Ariens 824le 924108- It came with a 8 HP Techumseh.- I got it from Home Depot. Yes I Had to properly adjust everything for Home Depot assembly is poor.   I do not know what a R-3 Retro kit is???  For the past 12 years this machine has NEVER ever gave me any problems. I went through my share of shier pins, and had to change my belts, but NEVER EVER A FAILURE. No carb problem NOTHING. I even still have the original drive disk.

You must  be doing something wrong  or not adjusting your machine right .  What bushing keeps failing?
Lightning

How hard is it to install the R3 Upgrade into an ARIENS 824 - Model 932101?
Reply #4   Oct 18, 2011 3:36 pm
Vinny -

Would you be able to give your 2 cents about the complexity and amount of time it took to install the R3 Drive Update into your 824?  I have the same model and am interested in installing the upgrade, but am unsure if I should even attempt it on my own or find a local dealer.  I acknowledge that it might be hard to answer based simply on the fact that everyone has different skill and comfort levels with tearing into stuff like this, but I thought I'd inquire to see what you thought.  I've looked at the parts diagram/blow up on the Ariens part finder and it doesn't look too horrible....

Regards,

Brian

Also - if ANYONE (Snowmann?) would like to add their thoughts and comments about installing the R3 upgrade, I'd be appreciative!

This message was modified Oct 18, 2011 by Lightning
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42