Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Does this Hi Performance Impeller Kit Part# 532187724 fit my new Husqvarna 15530SB-LS?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Geronimo332

Does this Hi Performance Impeller Kit Part# 532187724 fit my new Husqvarna 15530SB-LS?
Original Message   Jan 24, 2010 1:00 pm
Hi!

Does anyone now if this Hi Performance Impeller Kit Part# 532187724 fit my new Husqvarna 15530SB-LS?  I am not sure if this kit will fit because it is a new model for 2009 and i think older huskys used the Tecumseh engine and mine has a 15.5 B&S Snow Max. Do they have same drivshaft dimensions so same pulley`s can be used on both engines. Or is it other reasons why this won`t work? I think this kit will give me the same performance as the PRO series huskys that have HIGH SPEED IMPELLER? The only difference i`ve found in the 15530SB-LS and 16530SB-XLS part`s is the impeller pulley and impeller belt. Am i far of?

Philip

This message was modified Jan 24, 2010 by Geronimo332
Replies: 23 - 32 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
wolverine

Re: Does this Hi Performance Impeller Kit Part# 532187724 fit my new Husqvarna 15530SB-LS?
Reply #23   Feb 19, 2011 7:21 am
Hey Guys, Sorry it's a bit late and I'm new but I have to ask. I was reading this thread and inquired at the Husq dealer about the high speed impeller kit for my rebranded Husq ( Craftman 13hp30 model # 944-526800 ). It came with a pulley only and the dealer said he had changed many but didn't need to change the belt nor did it come with a belt in the kit. So, I went home and changed it but found it to be too tight on the idler, really tight actually. So, I would like to know what belt is suppose to fit this application. My old belt is a 5/8" x 37 1/4" and I am chasing a replacement. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Also is this the cover you installed to get your desired clearance? I copied this from your post... http://www.m-and-d.com/AY-409161.html?id=n79iL6TA&mv_pc=122
edgenet

If you enjoy doing it, It's not work

Re: Does this Hi Performance Impeller Kit Part# 532187724 fit my new Husqvarna 15530SB-LS?
Reply #24   Feb 19, 2011 8:19 pm

I am a bit confused here with the modifications you guys are trying to make. My money is on the engineers that designed and built the snowblower.  Increasing the pulley is a silly idea all you may accomplish is placing additional loads on the engine reducing the performance of the snowplower in deep or heavy wet snow. The other mod talked abought is a silly impeller kit once again all you are doing is placing additional load by increasing the friction on the impeller. One other point with the impeller kit if installed you better make sure the impeller area is free of icy snow or you will do serious damage to the belts or the main auger bearing  when you start the machine next time. If you want to make sure your snowblower is working as designed make sure everything is set-up as per factory specs. Oh yes if you want the impeller to spin a bit faster why not increase the engine rpm by 100 and go and screw with something else.

My two sense worth. Later

If you are getting paid for what you are doing No matter how much you Enjoy it,   It's a Job
Paul7

Reply #25   Feb 19, 2011 11:14 pm
edgenet wrote:

I am a bit confused here with the modifications you guys are trying to make. My money is on the engineers that designed and built the snowblower.  Increasing the pulley is a silly idea all you may accomplish is placing additional loads on the engine reducing the performance of the snowplower in deep or heavy wet snow. The other mod talked abought is a silly impeller kit once again all you are doing is placing additional load by increasing the friction on the impeller. One other point with the impeller kit if installed you better make sure the impeller area is free of icy snow or you will do serious damage to the belts or the main auger bearing  when you start the machine next time. If you want to make sure your snowblower is working as designed make sure everything is set-up as per factory specs. Oh yes if you want the impeller to spin a bit faster why not increase the engine rpm by 100 and go and screw with something else.

My two sense worth. Later

I’m looking at putting an impeller kit on my Ariens.  I usually like to acquiesce to the expertise of the engineers but sometimes what the engineers design on paper isn’t what comes off the assembly line.  My Ariens has 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch clearances between the impeller and the housing.  Other Ariens machines have much tighter clearances of 1/8 inch.  Sometimes when quality control misses the standard you have to take matters into your own hands. 

wolverine

Reply #26   Feb 20, 2011 5:32 pm
Edgenet, I'm not looking for criticism just info so your opinion is neither wanted or valid. Besides, the "engineers as you put it" made the high speed impeller kit and they are engineered for some of the husq models of the same hp which they feel IS enough to handle it. We're not talking about a 6hp here, more like double that and years ago a 8-10 hp with a 30" cut was doing the same so a 13hp+ will have no trouble carrying the extra load. I'm working through with a solution! If you don't want to do it to your machine that's your choice...Here's your 2 cents back!
This message was modified Feb 20, 2011 by wolverine
Shryp

Reply #27   Feb 20, 2011 5:35 pm
wolverine wrote:
I'm not looking for criticism just info so your opinion is neither wanted or valid. Besides, the "engineers as you put it" made the high speed impeller kit and they are engineered for some of the husq models of the same hp which they feel IS enough to handle it. We're not talking about a 6hp here, more like double that and years ago a 8-10 hp with a 30" cut was doing the same so a 13hp+ will have no trouble carrying the extra load. I'm working through with a solution! If you don't want to do it to your machine that's your choice...Here's your 2 cents back!

Don't worry about him, he was here a couple months ago asking which blower he should put a 13 HP GX390 on and what size pulley he should use :)
aa335

Reply #28   Feb 20, 2011 5:42 pm
Shryp wrote:
Don't worry about him, he was here a couple months ago asking which blower he should put a 13 HP GX390 on and what size pulley he should use :)

Textbook example of "do as I say, not as I do" 

Gotta love the 2 cycle oil mixing tip by color.  I guess it's too hard to read mixing table.
wolverine

Reply #29   Feb 20, 2011 6:29 pm
Thanks Guys...I hate guys like that! I am waiting on a new belt to come in and I measured the old one which was tight, 37&1/4" so I ordered a 5L390W which is a 5LK390 heavy duty to try which should be 1 3/4" longer to see if it fits OK. I may have to go to a 40" (5L400W) but it's only less then $20 so I'll give it a try. Would be nice to know what the belt for the kit is suppose to be but Oh well, trial and error. I'll figure it out!
snowmachine

Reply #30   Feb 20, 2011 9:07 pm
I'll see if I can pull a part number off the belt tomorrow. After mid January the snow season turned barren here so haven't used the blower in over a month. wolverine wrote:
Thanks Guys...I hate guys like that! I am waiting on a new belt to come in and I measured the old one which was tight, 37&1/4" so I ordered a 5L390W which is a 5LK390 heavy duty to try which should be 1 3/4" longer to see if it fits OK. I may have to go to a 40" (5L400W) but it's only less then $20 so I'll give it a try. Would be nice to know what the belt for the kit is suppose to be but Oh well, trial and error. I'll figure it out!
snowmachine

Reply #31   Feb 20, 2011 9:31 pm
Unfortunately part number is distorted enough on belt I can't make it out.
Shryp

Reply #32   Feb 20, 2011 9:40 pm
I am just guessing here as I have never done it myself, but I wonder if a little math would work.

Diameter of large pulley x 3.14 = circumference of large pulley.
Diameter of small pulley x 3.14 = circumference of small pulley.

Half of the large number - half of the small number should give you the extra length needed, than add that to the original length.

It might not be perfect, but it might give you an idea.
Replies: 23 - 32 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42