Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Update after 2seasons with JD 1130

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
granville

Update after 2seasons with JD 1130
Original Message   Feb 18, 2011 5:48 pm
After living with the JD 1130 for 2 seasons  , I thought  I would update.
1. The electric chute, I was most worried  that when I bought it.  I pleased to say it works  perfect, no problems without freezing. We have had alot of snow this winter with cold temps wth no problems.  The cable for the flap does freeze as lot.
2.The blower works but it does slip in 1st gear when there is snow falling on the machine. JD has service bulletin for the problem ,so hopefully that fixes that problem

Overall the machine greats  and the electric controls are a not problem.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
larrylaverne

Re: Update after 2seasons with JD 1130
Reply #1   Feb 19, 2011 6:36 am
same here, only my 1130 has the revised fix. it has never slipped in gear had a couple of ice snots on the chute gear but knocked it off quick and kept going.i did have an issue with the blower dieing out ,took it to the dealer and they put a revised gas cap and gasket because i was over tightening the original gas cap to the point of warping the gasket and then would not vent the system and not stay running.   works great and i hope to keep it,  but it is to hard getting it out of the garage to snowblow when both cars are in the garage.maybe i might get a smaller jd.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42