Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Best Snow thrower or Electric shovel for doing a Roof

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Steve_Cebu

Best Snow thrower or Electric shovel for doing a Roof
Original Message   Jan 28, 2011 3:50 pm
I'm looking for something that would be good for doing our roof. obviously the big 2 stage Toro won't be able to do it and would be a PITA to get up a ladder or out a window.

We have a new roof so I don't want to hurt the roof but the snow is really built up out there and it tends to melt very slowly. We are heading into Feb and lots more snow so I need something light enough and easy to manuever to use up there. The roof is pretty steep and in one section windows are mounted in the roof so that area might not be possible. They want a fortune to clear it and only the lesser section so I need something. Electric would probably be ok but it has to have enough power and the roof is pretty steep and high.

Any ideas?

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 66 - 71 of 71Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
amazer98

Re: Best Snow thrower or Electric shovel for doing a Roof
Reply #66   Feb 15, 2011 10:41 pm
aa335 wrote:
But I'm sure it won't top the video of the guy in Chicago who uses his snowblower to bury his neighbor's car because she stole his shovel.

Now, THAT is funny!
Steve_Cebu

Reply #67   Feb 15, 2011 11:47 pm
aa335 wrote:
But I'm sure it won't top the video of the guy in Chicago who uses his snowblower to bury his neighbor's car because she stole his shovel.

That was pretty funny. She should have asked.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #68   Feb 16, 2011 2:56 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
That was pretty funny. She should have asked.

I'd bury the dog too if it took a dump on my fenced in front yard.  :)

In all seriousness though, I don't agree with what he did for revenge.  Since he got her on video tape, he could have confronted her about stealing the shovel.  Retribution isn't what I want my 2 year old daughter to see how I deal with problems.  His excuse for the revenge (2 year old daughter dissapointment) is weak.  What would you rather have your daughter see, you being helpful clearing out the neighbor's drive, or burying their car?

It's funny, I agreed, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #69   Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm
aa335 wrote:
I'd bury the dog too if it took a dump on my fenced in front yard.  :)

In all seriousness though, I don't agree with what he did for revenge.  Since he got her on video tape, he could have confronted her about stealing the shovel.  Retribution isn't what I want my 2 year old daughter to see how I deal with problems.  His excuse for the revenge (2 year old daughter dissapointment) is weak.  What would you rather have your daughter see, you being helpful clearing out the neighbor's drive, or burying their car?

It's funny, I agreed, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Sad to say but if it was my older daughter she probably would have done a lot worse to that lady's car.

Of course she learned all that from her mother, my first wife. Tick her off and your car would likely be found on it's roof on fire. She was a scary person to be married to.

aa335

Reply #70   Feb 16, 2011 3:08 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:

Tick her off and your car would likely be found on it's roof on fire.

Have you ever thought about contracting out your roof snow removal services to your daughter?  Sounds like she's got some experience. 
This message was modified Feb 16, 2011 by aa335
Steve_Cebu

Reply #71   Feb 16, 2011 3:51 pm
aa335 wrote:
Have you ever thought about contracting out your roof snow removal services to your daughter?  Sounds like she's got some experience. 

Only if I wanted to have demolition services. I'm sure she would ove to bulldoze this house down along with me in it. Kids today.... full of angst.

Replies: 66 - 71 of 71Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42