Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Orange Paint?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RalphS

There's a reason for more than one snowblower.
Because.
1974 Ariens 824 SnoThro
197? Ariens ST270 SnoThro
1988 Ariens ST824 SnoThro
196? REO Snowblower
1960 Ariens SnoThro
1964 Ariens SnoThro

Ariens Orange Paint?
Original Message   Feb 16, 2005 8:11 am
Before I finally get around to putting my 1988 ST824 project back together (just in time for Spring), I need to repaint the auger housing (I have one of the Ariens SnoThros that have the paint peeling off in sheets).  I figure that with all the work I have put into it, it might as well look good.  Has anyone found a suitable (similar color to Ariens orange) paint?  The previous owner used what appears to be a flat fluorescent orange marker paint.  As you might expect, it doesn't really match at all- it looks pretty bad. 

I will probably bring the housing over to my dad's house and use a few pounds of black beauty to get the housing clean.  It's sad to see how poor the paint was on a few year's models.  My 1974 still has great looking paint. 

Any suggestions/ recommendations as to what steps (prep, primer, etc)  to take to ensure the best paint "performance"?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Ralph

Replies: 30 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
flathead

Re: Ariens Orange Paint?
Reply #30   Feb 11, 2011 10:46 pm
I use Chevy orange engine paint it matches Ariens orange pretty good, you can buy it at WAL-MART.
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Re: Ariens Orange Paint?
Reply #31   Feb 12, 2011 8:50 am
I am pretty sure that in the 6 years that have past he has found paint and painted it.   flathead wrote:
I use Chevy orange engine paint it matches Ariens orange pretty good, you can buy it at WAL-MART.

Replies: 30 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42