Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Adjusting Drive Belt on Track Honda HS80 Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
spoonman

Adjusting Drive Belt on Track Honda HS80 Snowblower
Original Message   Feb 8, 2011 9:28 am
My drive belt, which I jsut replaced, is being thrown off the drive pulley.  Is there an adjustment process to tighten it slightly to prevent this.  The SAerial # on the frame is SA1-1123058.  The rpelacement belt is the correct one which I purchaased to replace the previous belt, which had also been thrown off the drive pulley.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Adjusting Drive Belt on Track Honda HS80 Snowblower
Reply #1   Feb 8, 2011 11:20 am
For track or wheeled:  You probably know most of this but running through....

The belt goes under a 3-4 inch belt guard.  I'm sure you know that as you can't get the belt off without loosening the holder bracket.

The drive clutch arm can be adjusted.  The arm holding on the tensioner has a slot for the tensioner pulley which allows the tensioner pulley to be moves about an inch.  With a new belt the clutch cable tension and the tensioner pulley should be able to be back off quite a bit and the belt properly tensioned with the clutch only. 

Have you looked in there with a flashlight to insure everything is aligned anything bent?   Tape the drive clutch down and look in there.  With then new belt you should be able to tighten it and have things inline.  I can't remember the detail on changing one like yours (HS70) but I think the front auger pulley was in two sections and the back one.  Possibly that has slipped on the crank. 

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Snow%20Blower/0/HS80K1%20WA%20SNOW%20BLOWER%2C%20JPN%2C%20VIN%23%20SA1-1100001/DRIVE%20PULLEY/parts.html

Check drawing numbers 10, 11 and 12.  They list 10 and 11 as belt stoppers but those may be guides,  13 is about the same.  Check to see if they are in place on your machine. 

spoonman

Re: Adjusting Drive Belt on Track Honda HS80 Snowblower
Reply #2   Feb 9, 2011 8:15 am
trouts2, thanks for the suggestions.  I knew from reading the service manual that you could adjust the auger drive tension pulley but did not find a similar reference to adjusting the drive tension pulley.  I hav ethe exploded view from boats.net as you suggested and will take a look at it later today.  I'll let you know how I do with this.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42