Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Swapping a 5hp for an 8hp

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Emilio

Swapping a 5hp for an 8hp
Original Message   Feb 7, 2011 10:40 am
Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions for fixing my shearing issue. I have a new topic for dissicussion. I have a Ariens 5hp snowblower that works ok. The snowblower must be at least 25-30 years old. It has two levers one to put tension on the belt for the transmision and the other to engage the auguer into the spinning shaft. Question, I have a newer 8hp engine that I would like to mount in  place of the 5hp. Could the snowblower handle the extra hp. I know I would have to do some retro fitting.

Thanks is advance

Emilio

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Shryp

Re: Swapping a 5hp for an 8hp
Reply #1   Feb 7, 2011 11:01 am
Should work fine.  Most of them were built with provisions for 5 to 8 HP engines on them anyway.  The first thing you should do is determine how many shafts the 5 HP has.  If it has 2 you will need an engine with 2 as well.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42