Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Belts on an 1989 Honda HS80

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BALR1415

Belts on an 1989 Honda HS80
Original Message   Feb 4, 2011 1:21 pm
After over 20 years both belts went this winter. I don't have a service manual and am trying to replace them from diagrams from the parts list, and not having much luck. I had thought that only 4 12mm bolts had to be removed to seperate the auger bucket from the main housing. So far I have removed 8 bolts and both wheels (to reach all bolts) and still something is holding it. It looks like the bottom pan. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to replace the belts?
Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BALR1415

Re: Belts on an 1989 Honda HS80
Reply #10   Feb 6, 2011 12:00 pm
One inch short sounds about what I need to get over the engine pulley.

I went over the HS80 this morning looking for ID information and all I have is an engine number and a serial number tag that begins with "SA1-"

Thank you for the help. I plan on calling the Honda dealer first thing Monday morning and getting the correct belt.

Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42