Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > JD 1130SE auger belt turns over then comes off-HELP-Only about 10hours on machine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gary12

JD 1130SE auger belt turns over then comes off-HELP-Only about 10hours on machine
Original Message   Jan 16, 2011 8:13 am
Bought the machine late 2008 but had little snowfall 2008 and 2009. All was fine until this year . About the 3rd time I used it the auger belt came off. Put it on, looked for cause, moved the belt guide closer,but came off again. It appears the belt first turns inside out on the pulleys then jumps off. One thing I noticed is that the engine drive pulley and auger drive pulley are not in the same plane. When I put a strait edge on both outside edges of one pulley and extend the strait edge to the other pulley it appears one of the pulleys would need to be tilted a little to get alignment. Not sure if this is causal but if it is I am not sure how to correct other than shimming one side of the engine to tilt it.Any suggestions. A search of this site does not seem to indicate this is a common issue.
Gary
Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
gary12

Re: JD 1130SE auger belt turns over then comes off-HELP-Only about 10hours on machine
Reply #8   Feb 5, 2011 11:40 am
The only thing I can figure is the pulleys are misaglined and as it is used the belt had undue pressure on one side causing it to wear unevenly. I aligned the pulleys by moving the big lower pulley . Had to move it about a 1/4" and replaced the belt with a kevlar replacement . I really won,t know until I get some hours on it
Gary
Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42