Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 921001 drive question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Justsomeguy

Ariens 921001 drive question
Original Message   Feb 4, 2011 7:15 am
Quick question, during the blizzard, and removing snow for many neighbors,i found that at times the machine whould not drive the wheels. It would happen when driving into a drift.everything else seemed fine, its just the wheels didn't turn. I would back up, wait a second and go again.last night during some fine tuning removal she seemed normal. So should I check a belt or friction drive? I don't want to destroy something. It is in its third season and it has not made any odd noises at all... Thanks fort your expertise! Tony
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Justsomeguy

Re: Ariens 921001 drive question
Reply #3   Feb 4, 2011 5:56 pm
service manual not available online.....
JohnWI

Re: Ariens 921001 drive question
Reply #4   Feb 4, 2011 10:19 pm
Shryp wrote:
You could also just need to tighten the adjustment up a little.  See your manual for proper adjustments.

Worked for me.  I tested by heading into a "wall" without the auger on and the wheels slipped instead of stalling.  At first my linkage was actually quite loose.  Now it's only barely loose. 

I think that the manual called for measuring the spring length before and after applying the tension.  It should stretch the spring about 1/2" (if memory serves me).

2011 Ariens Pro 28; Toro 210R, older Powerlite and a generic single stage w/ Tec. engine.

God Bless America!

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42