Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 921001 drive question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Justsomeguy

Ariens 921001 drive question
Original Message   Feb 4, 2011 7:15 am
Quick question, during the blizzard, and removing snow for many neighbors,i found that at times the machine whould not drive the wheels. It would happen when driving into a drift.everything else seemed fine, its just the wheels didn't turn. I would back up, wait a second and go again.last night during some fine tuning removal she seemed normal. So should I check a belt or friction drive? I don't want to destroy something. It is in its third season and it has not made any odd noises at all... Thanks fort your expertise! Tony
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Shryp

Re: Ariens 921001 drive question
Reply #1   Feb 4, 2011 11:26 am
Some of the newer machines had problems with water getting into the friction drive and causing it to slip.  This is especially so when going into deep snow.  You could also just need to tighten the adjustment up a little.  See your manual for proper adjustments.
Justsomeguy

Reply #2   Feb 4, 2011 11:55 am
Thanks shryp,i will do just that when I get home ! :)
Justsomeguy

Reply #3   Feb 4, 2011 5:56 pm
service manual not available online.....
JohnWI

Reply #4   Feb 4, 2011 10:19 pm
Shryp wrote:
You could also just need to tighten the adjustment up a little.  See your manual for proper adjustments.

Worked for me.  I tested by heading into a "wall" without the auger on and the wheels slipped instead of stalling.  At first my linkage was actually quite loose.  Now it's only barely loose. 

I think that the manual called for measuring the spring length before and after applying the tension.  It should stretch the spring about 1/2" (if memory serves me).

2011 Ariens Pro 28; Toro 210R, older Powerlite and a generic single stage w/ Tec. engine.

God Bless America!

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42