Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Another fuel question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Wheels

Another fuel question
Original Message   Jan 30, 2005 1:26 pm
Thanks to all who replied to my stale gas question.  The picture I'm getting is that the fuel is not what it used to be, and the Tecumseh carburetor is maybe a little bit more sensitive than a B&S.  So I pumped as much of the gas out of my blower as I could back into my gas can, and then emptied that into the car.  I will get fresh gas on Tuesday.

Here is my new question: Can gas additives like STP that clean carburetors and fuel injectors be added to the gas in the blower?  It makes sense to me, so tell me if I'm wrong.  If stale gas has been in my tank and sitting in my carb, could I add maybe an ounce of carb cleaner to the tank and run that through to clean the carb?  Has anyone tried it?  Thanks for all input.

Ariens 8526LE, Cub Cadet 2185 LT, Troy Bilt 8hp 5550 Watt Generator
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42