Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1128 problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Binger

Ariens 1128 problem
Original Message   Feb 2, 2011 3:58 pm
I have an Ariens 1128 Snowblower.

Here's the problem, everything seems to function fine, impeller spins, augers spin, howerver, when I put it into any real snow (more than 6-12 inches) the impeller and the augers stop spinning.  The motor runs fine throughout the whole process, the motor doesn't bog down and it sounds like the clutch is engaging.

It's almost as if when there's any torque applied to the auger/impeller, they stop spinning.   If I hold the impeller/auger handle down, eventually the impeller begins to slowly spin up.

Suggestions and or recommendations are most appreciated.

Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
brjl

Re: Ariens 1128 problem
Reply #9   Feb 3, 2011 5:31 am
Knee_Biter wrote:
1128DLE 924508 purchased new 2003.  Still original belt.  Just would not throw far.  Went through the manual and set everything to spec and adjusted the tensioner. Made a 100% difference in distance.  Then the slush came and it became a sausage maker. Installed the impeller kit and it is now a water canon.

Knee biter, could you describe the impeller kit, or better yet, a part number? Sounds like something my Ariens could use.

Shryp

Reply #10   Feb 3, 2011 5:42 am
Impeller kit:

http://smllengns.tripod.com/

A search for "Clarence Impeller" will bring up a lot of topics about it.
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #11   Feb 3, 2011 7:01 am
Shryp posted the correct link.  Great addition in my opinion. And many others as well.

Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42